shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose of Jericho/ Resurrection Plant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have one of these? I was clipping coupons (I''m obsessed with it!) and saw one of those cheesy mail order forms for one. It actually looks like a good idea. I looked it up and apparently this plant can go 100 years without water. Once you water it, it will unfold and turn green again. I believe it is a fern. Anyway, I was just seeing if anyone had any experience with one. I lost my green thumb a while back and am thinking this might be the perfect house plant for me!

Oob,

Not sure I''ve ever heard of one of these, but gosh, if you can forget to water it for a lifetime and it still lives, I need one of those!
9.gif

Date: 2/27/2009 7:14:47 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Oob,

Not sure I''ve ever heard of one of these, but gosh, if you can forget to water it for a lifetime and it still lives, I need one of those!
9.gif

My thoughts exactly!

Yes...it''s not really like... a plant.

Date: 3/1/2009 12:04:59 AM
Author: JulieN
Yes...it''s not really like... a plant.
I am interested, what is it like?

It''s kind of a parasite. It grows on other plants and feeds off of them.

It can go for long periods without water. It protects itself by curling up and only feeding its stem.

I don''t feel like it''s a plant because you don''t pot it!

Date: 3/1/2009 4:47:56 PM
Author: JulieN
I don''t feel like it''s a plant because you don''t pot it!
LOL!!! True!!

Good info, thanks SS and Mochi!

11.gif
We can always pretend it''s a broach and wear it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP