shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose gold on men?

CUSO

Shiny_Rock
Specifically on watches in my case. My wife thinks rose gold looks effemanent on me. I am a pretty big guy with tattoos all over. She thinks white gold or platinum cased watch is all I should get, but I do like a little bling and rose gold has lots of pop to it. The watches I like have rose gold case and a brown croc band and a rose gold deployment, specifically a Panerai watch in this case. Granted I can get it If I like, I just want to know other peoples opinion. Thanks

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would rose gold be effeminate on a man? I guess I just look at what color gold looks best with your skin tone. I happen to look best in yellow gold. I have no problems with men in any color gold. (and I am one of the older PS'rs)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad has a watch in rose gold and his wedding band is also in rose gold (my mom chose the bands back then and she loved rose gold ::) ). I think that both the watch and the band look amazing on him...Get what really pleases you...there is no rule that says men shouldn't wear rose gold pieces...

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
I personally don't like it for a guy, but then again, I don't even like diamonds on a guy either so I might be the wrong person to comment.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would she like it better if it was called "red gold"?

Seriously, if it looks good against your skin, who cares what it's called?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
If you look at thepurists or timezone or in fact at any of the major watch houses all of their high end watches for men are offered in white or rose gold and platinum. There is no truth at all to the idea that men should not wear pink gold watches. None. In the world of high end watches that proposition really just doesn't make any sense.

A rose gold watch on a man is elegant, like smoking a pipe. It has nothing to do with the connotations of "rose," "roses," "pink," etc. It really doesn't.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1292802168|2801269 said:
If you look at thepurists or timezone or in fact at any of the major watch houses all of their high end watches for men are offered in white or rose gold and platinum. There is no truth at all to the idea that men should not wear pink gold watches. None. In the world of high end watches that proposition really just doesn't make any sense.

A rose gold watch on a man is elegant, like smoking a pipe. It has nothing to do with the connotations of "rose," "roses," "pink," etc. It really doesn't.

Agreed.

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
I love Panerai - which one? Post pic please :)
It sounds divine.

I agree with others here - I really think it depends on your skin tone and personal preference.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1292792467|2801147 said:
Would she like it better if it was called "red gold"?

Seriously, if it looks good against your skin, who cares what it's called?

Seriously, would it sound better if it was called "copper gold"? Because that's what it is. Men wear rose gold watches, I'm talking millions of men wear them. To me it's not even a controversy.

You can still get the JLC MUT I had in stainless steel in stainless steel, rose gold, white gold, and platinum. They only ever offered it in yellow gold for a few years. I don't know how much clearer I can be. Watches for men are made in rose gold.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I personally am not a fan of rose gold on men. I also am not a fan of diamonds on men in general or on men's watches. Of course, this is not to say that men should not wear rose gold or diamonds, everyone should wear what they like. But you asked our opinion and mine is that I prefer men in white or yellow metals.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold seems to be very popular in men's watches. I think it looks excellent.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
diva rose|1292805698|2801303 said:
It sounds divine.

I agree with others here - I really think it depends on your skin tone and personal preference.

OP, I'm not a big Panerai fan but the world's first effeminate Panerai- you'll find the fountain of youth before you find that.

Good luck and please post pictures of any watch you get!

I like looking at nice watches even if they're not exactly the ones I would get for myself.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<----------i love my PG watch.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I rest my case. Seriously, if you want to know about watches, ask DF or me. At this time, it seems that we (and a few others who speak up occasionally) have a lot of experience with them. You don't put almost 10 years into researching watches in the online watch communities and come out of it without any knowledge about watches, one hopes.

Watches are watches, machines, with their own history of invention and design. They're kind of "jewelry" but they're not jewelry. Jewelry is ornamental (and there is nothing wrong with that). Watches are functional. Watch makers and watch collectors have a different sensibility than someone who collects jewels. Asking, "What do you think about a man wearing a rose gold watch?" is not a question akin to asking, "What do you think about a man wearing a rose gold bracelet, or a rose gold ring?" They're questions about two different hobbies. Rose gold watches for men are common. In fact, they're ubiquitous. They have been for years. Asking if it's "ok" if a man wears a rose gold watch is akin to asking if it's "ok" if a woman wears a yellow gold chain. In other words, rose gold watches are not a "gender" issue. This is simply the way the people who make and buy high end watches think. Besides, rose gold (copper mixed with gold) matches brown leather. It looks good. People who spend big money for watches aren't stupid. They aren't going to buy ugly watches, and men who spend big money for watches certainly aren't going to waste 10's of thousands of dollars on "effeminate" watches. How ridiculous. Buy what you want.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I love rose gold for men's watches, I hope to get a nice one for DH in a few years. He also wears a rose gold wedding band and has received many compliments on it, not too feminine at all!

CUSO

Shiny_Rock
Imdanny|1292821362|2801491 said:
diva rose|1292805698|2801303 said:
It sounds divine.

OP, I'm not a big Panerai fan but the world's first effeminate Panerai- you'll find the fountain of youth before you find that.

Good luck and please post pictures of any watch you get!

I like looking at nice watches even if they're not exactly the ones I would get for myself.

I never like Panerai untill the came out with their in-house movement and I tried on the 289 rose gold. I liked it a lot, and it looks great. But when I spend lots of $$$ I like my wife to like it too. She did not see it in person like I did, just pics on-line. I need to get her to see it in person on my wrist.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I realize I have a strong opinion on this and I just wanted to clarify my post. I don't object to anyone not liking rose gold watches on men. I only object to stereotyping rose gold watches on men as "effeminate."

I fully agree with you that both members of a couple should be satisfied with such a big purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results