shape
carat
color
clarity

rose gold ering - anyone go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I did a search and found a few posts by people who thought about rose gold for their ering, but haven''t found any pics of a finished article. Am I looking in the wrong place, or did nobody do it??

I''m thinking about a cushion in rose gold for a rhr (or ering upgrade, a phrase I thought I would never use lol!). Would love to see any pics if anyone has a rose gold ering.

thanks

Jen

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
mmmm no I don''t but I would love one!!
personally I think white gold and rose gold together looks fabulous, like Kittenkats fabulous ring!!!!

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Hello Mrs. Mitchell, (that''s my mother''s maiden name!) My preference for pink gold is 14K. 18K can look a little orangey if not plated. That''s another question to ask as well, many pink gold items are plated pinker, and for an e-ring or wedding band I generally don''t like plating of any kind because of wear isssues.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been kicking it around in my head but I doubt I do it.... it''s just a fun thought, and no... can''t say anyone as really done anything like that, but in photos it looks similar to yellow gold so........

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
DBS.jpg

The only rose gold ering I''ve ever remember seeing here was posted by Amethyste and I think it can be such a flattering colour on most skintones. She also had a lovely swoopy matching diamond wedding band.
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Adylon, I hadn''t realised that pink gold might be plated - I can''t wear white gold rings every day because the rhodium just wears off really quickly - ok for something I wear now and again, but I must have very corrosive skin!

Cehra, your cushion inspired this project, I love it! I have always liked rose gold (my grndmother''s wedding band was rose), and I just think it would pair up nicely with a warm colour / antique cut.

LisaC, that ring is gorgeous - thanks for posting.

This project might take a while, because I need to be sure that the rose gold really is what I want. Everything else I have is white metal, so I''m not 100% sure. Also, as soon as I have a finished piece in my possession, I start thinking about how it would look in a different setting. I think I need to learn to choose something then just leave it alone! LOL

Will keep you posted!

Jen

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 7:19:10 AM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Adylon, I hadn''t realised that pink gold might be plated - I can''t wear white gold rings every day because the rhodium just wears off really quickly - ok for something I wear now and again, but I must have very corrosive skin!

Cehra, your cushion inspired this project, I love it! I have always liked rose gold (my grndmother''s wedding band was rose), and I just think it would pair up nicely with a warm colour / antique cut.

LisaC, that ring is gorgeous - thanks for posting.

This project might take a while, because I need to be sure that the rose gold really is what I want. Everything else I have is white metal, so I''m not 100% sure. Also, as soon as I have a finished piece in my possession, I start thinking about how it would look in a different setting. I think I need to learn to choose something then just leave it alone! LOL

Will keep you posted!

Jen
:) I would go and buy a rose gold ring and wear it for a while - you can find them for like $50... if you can afford to experiment with a rose gold ring with melee diamonds I would do that - the contrast on how the diamonds pop really attracts me! and I *love* the way it looks matte.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
I agree, matte or brushed finish looks best for pink gold, especially in a two tone ring where the matte/brushed pink is being contrasted against a high polished white or yellow.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Hi

I think rose gold would be lovely and unique! The contrast between your stone and the metal would sure make that gem POP! Rose gold in different carats also have varying shades of pinkiness, the 14-18k tends to be more subtle

If you do go ahead and decide on rose gold and then change your mind you can easily get it plated with another metal of your choice *viola*

19.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 2:22:06 PM
Author: Adylon
I agree, matte or brushed finish looks best for pink gold, especially in a two tone ring where the matte/brushed pink is being contrasted against a high polished white or yellow.
yes yes.... I love love love matte pink with polished or matte white.... not super fond of the pink and yellow together.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I love rose gold... I want one of those thin rose gold eternity bands... drool!!! I have seen some rose gold e rings that are just lovely and unique. Here is one...

*M*

Attachments

• rose gold e ring2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 300

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose gold is so pretty. I just got a rhr with it. Does anyone know if rose gold wears well?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not mie, but isn''t this pretty?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 10:48:07 PM
Author: Harriet
Not mie, but isn''t this pretty?
That is actually the exact type of rose gold ring I want. I love diamonds against rose gold, it''s unique yet classy and I think it has an old world feel to it.

*M*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That one is from Tiffany''s new Novo collection.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be afraid to get a rose gold engagement ring because I think I might get tired of it. However, I would love a rose gold eternity band! Does anyone know anywhere besides Tiffany that sells them? I remember someone on here had one...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I just saw a picture of one here on PS...18kt White & Rose Gold "Thin Seed/Knife Edge" Wedding Set by Amy Levine

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Harriet, rose gold wears just as well as yellow.... as long as it''s not plated, you''ll be fine and getting it polished or rebrushed by your local jeweler, it''s no big deal. If it''s plated it will wear as well as white gold that''s been rhodium plated. It''s hard to find places to get it pink plated again as it wears, most goldsmiths send it out to get done. There''s a company here in downtown LA, all they specialize in is plating jewelry, he does the best pink I''ve seen and it takes a while to wear out, but I still recommend to people not to get pink plated for a ring they wear daily. Fashion rings or other types of jewelry are no big deal.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I really like the idea of trying out a rose gold band with melee - that way I could eventually wear it with the solitaire if I go down that route. Harriet, the one you posted is perfect, but I''m guessing that the pricetag will be fairly hefty! I''ll have to have a look for a relatively inexpensive version!

thanks, all!
Jen

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adylon,
Thanks.

Mrs. Mitchell,
It costs $2,050.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 4:12:08 PM
Adylon,
Thanks.

Mrs. Mitchell,
It costs $2,050.
Eeek!
6.gif
I was thinking about a few hundred (a very few)!

I need a cheap version as a test run. I''m sure the Tiffany version is exquisite though.

Jen

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 4:54:11 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell

Date: 3/12/2007 4:12:08 PM
Adylon,
Thanks.

Mrs. Mitchell,
It costs $2,050.
Eeek!
6.gif
I was thinking about a few hundred (a very few)!

I need a cheap version as a test run. I''m sure the Tiffany version is exquisite though.

Jen
this store here that sells local products has these adorable thin little bands that come in white, yellow, and rose gold... and each has a single thread of milgrain down the middle... they''ve got to be no more than 1.5mm wide and I think $50. But they also had thesee wider matte bands and when I saw the unplated matte white gold I fell in love all over again... I love that buttery creamy white... but I love the matte rose gold also....

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love rose gold! That''s so interesting though...I didn''t know it was plated. If 14k rose gold isn''t plated, that''s what I should probably stick with. I''m dying for a tiny eternity band in rose gold also...etienne perret has a few nice ones on his site. =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results