shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose cut ring

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I have admired it many times on their site!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She does look like a Camille!

I've admired this one, as well. It's a beautiful ring and looks lovely in the hand shots. I think it's a great choice!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want honest opinions, I think it's a certain taste. The stone doesn't really pop to me, and I would ask about the fluorescence. If it has yellow or green fluor, that would enhance the color of the stone outdoors. I don't personally like thick bezels on small stones as it tends to make the stone look smaller and for some reason I see very little sparkle in the video. I do have an FCD bezel set band, but I instructed the jeweler to make very crisp bezels. Again, I think this ring caters to a certain taste, and it's not for everyone, nor the best use of a nice rose cut yellow diamond. I also think it fades away into the metal. JMO since you asked what people think. I apologize if I offended in any way.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're smitten and have already named her then I think your decision is made and you shouldn't ask for opinions because you'll get all different views but at the end of the day it's yours that matters!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not bought from JbEG so I'm not familiar with their return policy. If it's a good one, it might not be a bad idea to purchase the ring so that you can see it in person.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Thanks for your opinions!

TL, I am not offended at all :) I asked for opinions precisely because I am a little too much in love with it right now so felt that I needed to hear what others thought. I agree that it is a very particular look but for some reason the ring just appealed a lot to me. One thing I am unsure of is how much vintage rose cuts sparkle. I assume they sparkle very little so I don't know how to gauge the sparkle of this stone once I get it.

Also, I felt the price was great. I'm paying 1700 for 22k gold and a rose cut vintage champagne and I didn't find anything that attractively priced.

But I am very glad to hear your and other's opinions, even if neutral/negative 8-) Any other way to judge it once I have it in hand?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Everything TL said is true, the thickness vs small stone = smaller looking yet, eats it up/lack of sparkl...but I like it quite a bit. Maybe that's just my taste. I dont need massive sparkle all the time. This one is what it is and it's not trying to be something it isnt. How much sparkl does one expect from a rose cut? Some for sure but not the kind you'd get from a diamond with a pavilion. So it's already not a ring that's about that kind of look. I like to think the small stone makes the metal look bigger! and like it was set onto a gold pillow and sunk into it a little. I think it is a sweet ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It's a very lovely and distinctive ring. I've always thought that it looks like a drop of liquid gold on the finger in JbEG's photos. Congratulations on your purchase, and I hope you'll post photos once you have it in your hands!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1309102680|2955409 said:
One thing I am unsure of is how much vintage rose cuts sparkle. I assume they sparkle very little so I don't know how to gauge the sparkle of this stone once I get it.

Vintage rose cuts sparkle, but they tend to need more light entering in through the stone than that setting will allow for.

What is the carat weight of the stone, and what is the actual color, is it champagne? I can't tell that well from the photos, as it looks like a yellowish brown or brownish yellow to me.

Honesty, if I were to go with such a look, I would get a more inexpensive center stone, like a light toned tourmaline or spinel, because the setting is really killing the sparkle on the diamond, and I think diamonds should sparkle.

Did you also check etsy? There are some fabulous designers that do that organic style bezeled look, but at a fraction of the price and with other gemstones. I don't know anything about this designer, but one quick search turned them up.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/69861547/18k-hammered-silver-and-real-faceted?ref=v1_other_1

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
tyty and TL: Hmm. I don't know, I didn't quite like those etsy rings... maybe I just prefer thick bezels.

TL, according to the JBEG site, here's a screencap defining the color- I suppose it would mean fluor?

color.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1309119252|2955547 said:
tyty and TL: Hmm. I don't know, I didn't quite like those etsy rings... maybe I just prefer thick bezels.

TL, according to the JBEG site, here's a screencap defining the color- I suppose it would mean fluor?

Well, they're not the only etsy dealer doing this style. There are lots of them.

It sounds like it has fluor, what is the carat weight?

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Oops sorry, forgot to type that. It is .45

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rubyshoes|1309120535|2955554 said:
Oops sorry, forgot to type that. It is .45

Yes, I think the huge bezel might overwhelm the stone IRL. While it may look nice to you in a photo, it might not look as great in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results