shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
anyone heard of/seen a rose ceremony in liu of a candle or sand ceremony?

Our officiant offered the idea to us yesterday, and it really spiked my interest. Since we will be outside, i just know the candles will not work, and i don''t know how i feel about the sand idea either.

"...The Rose Ceremony is simple yet profoundly moving. The bride and groom exchange two red roses, symbolizing the giving and receiving of their love for each other throughout their entire married life. The Rose Ceremony also conveys how to use the rose and its symbolism in difficult times in order to forgive each other."

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
My only worry with that is that it would be reminiscent of the Bachelor.

ETA: We're thinking of doing some sort of wine ceremony in lieu of candles or sand.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:02:20 PM
Author: ladypirate

ETA: We''re thinking of doing some sort of wine ceremony in lieu of candles or sand.
discuss this!!! we both love wine... :)

i thought about that with the bachelor, so i would not label it at the wedding as a "rose ceremony".

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I was at a wedding a few years ago where the couple exchanged small orange trees!

Supposedly the trees symbolize love and marriage dating back many centuries. It always stuck with me because it looked so cool.

I think roses are a nice idea. Conventional, and certainly nice and appropriate. You should go with what is best for you two as a couple. Heck, you could exchange almost anything if it had special significance!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:16:50 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I was at a wedding a few years ago where the couple exchanged small orange trees!

Supposedly the trees symbolize love and marriage dating back many centuries. It always stuck with me because it looked so cool.

I think roses are a nice idea. Conventional, and certainly nice and appropriate. You should go with what is best for you two as a couple. Heck, you could exchange almost anything if it had special significance!
This is what I'm thinking. It doesn't have to be roses (and I agree that the title "Rose Ceremony" makes me think of the Bachelor .. I know you said you wouldn't name it that, but I just had to throw that in).

I think small trees would be nice, maybe with verbage about your love growing over the years? (I'm sure you could find a way of not making that cheesy)

ETA: I think the idea, in general, is a great one
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 12:45:33 PM
Author:jcarlylew

Our officiant offered the idea to us yesterday, and it really spiked my interest. Since we will be outside, i just know the candles will not work, and i don''t know how i feel about the sand idea either.

''...The Rose Ceremony is simple yet profoundly moving. The bride and groom exchange two red roses, symbolizing the giving and receiving of their love for each other throughout their entire married life. The Rose Ceremony also conveys how to use the rose and its symbolism in difficult times in order to forgive each other.''
Does this mean when your FI/DH messes up and sends you roses hoping you''ll forgive him?
11.gif
10.gif
4.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:21:04 PM
Author: lilyfoot

''...The Rose Ceremony is simple yet profoundly moving. The bride and groom exchange two red roses, symbolizing the giving and receiving of their love for each other throughout their entire married life. The Rose Ceremony also conveys how to use the rose and its symbolism in difficult times in order to forgive each other.''
Does this mean when your FI/DH messes up and sends you roses hoping you''ll forgive him?
11.gif
10.gif
4.gif
haha, no, he is smarter than that. He cleans the WHOLE house when he is in trouble LOL

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the symbolism of exchanging small trees :)

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Exchanging roses sounds nice.

A friend and her husband did a little ritual where she held a vase and he put a rose in it. That seemed a little, um, suggestive to many of us attending. I like the idea both exchanging roses better.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
We are thinking about doing a rose ceremony- I''ll copy a fraction of the verse the celebrant will say:

"Danni''elle and Aaron, Wherever you make your home in the future, pick one very special location in your home for roses; so that on each anniversary of this truely wonderful occasion of your marriage, you both may take a rose to that special spot in your home. Let this be the ongoing symbolism of your recommitment to your marriage vows, and a recommitment that this will be a marriage based on love.
And try to remember this: In every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words. It might be difficult some time to say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you; "I need you" or "I am hurting". If this should happen, and you cannot find words to express what you really feel, go to that spot and leave a rose. Any rose placed in that special location can say what matters most of all. It will say the words "I still love you".

We just find that really beautiful and think it will add something special to our ceremony.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, it reminds me of The Bachelor as well.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 7:27:24 PM
Author: Maevie

It was so unbelievably touching. I cried the whole time, thinking about how trees take time and care to grow...
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"The Bachelor" is also the first thing that came to my mind, so please excuse my cynicism (
2.gif
) but...

Isn''t that what the marriage ceremony is all about?

honey22

Ideal_Rock

This is an awesome idea! Like it much more than the rose ceremony, mainly for bachelor reasons too.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 4:20:30 AM
Author: honey22

This is an awesome idea! Like it much more than the rose ceremony, mainly for bachelor reasons too.
damn bachelor for ruining TV and rose ceremonys LOL
9.gif

I like the idea of the tree.. .maybe incorperate it to the well wishes quest book? have everyone sign a small tag that could hang on the tree?

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:18:19 AM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 3/23/2010 4:20:30 AM

Author: honey22

damn bachelor for ruining TV and rose ceremonys LOL
9.gif

I like the idea of the tree.. .maybe incorperate it to the well wishes quest book? have everyone sign a small tag that could hang on the tree?

Yes! That would be a really personal touch. Then you could save all the tags in a wedding scrapbook.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/23/2010 1:48:44 AM
Author: VRBeauty
''The Bachelor'' is also the first thing that came to my mind, so please excuse my cynicism (
2.gif
) but...

That is my view as well.

I think we are going overboard with additional ceremonies and rituals and symbolism, which often end up cluttering the beautiful wedding ceremony. If the couple wants to plant a tree together or have a rose corner, that is great. I just don''t understand why it must be a part of the ceremony itself. Aren''t the rings symbolic enough of the vows being said?

But, of course, your mileage may vary and, if this is important or significant to the couple, they should do it. To each their own
1.gif
And, yes, I am an old fuddy duddy.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 11:10:09 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain

''The Bachelor'' is also the first thing that came to my mind, so please excuse my cynicism (
2.gif
) but...

That is my view as well.

I think we are going overboard with additional ceremonies and rituals and symbolism, which often end up cluttering the beautiful wedding ceremony. If the couple wants to plant a tree together or have a rose corner, that is great. I just don''t understand why it must be a part of the ceremony itself. Aren''t the rings symbolic enough of the vows being said?

But, of course, your mileage may vary and, if this is important or significant to the couple, they should do it. To each their own
1.gif
I think it is a bit much as part of the ceremony. The rings are symbols of the couple''s love and life together. Adding something extra would, in my opinion, take away from that.

I love the idea of the trees though -- and tags from the guests. Maybe the trees could be at the reception next to a table with tags for the guests to write advice, suggestions, well wishes, etc.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:10:09 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain

2.gif
) but...

That is my view as well.

1.gif

Not everyone''s wedding has to be the same, you know? As long as the ceremony doesn''t drone on and on, I think a few personal touches make it memorable and most of all, special. That tree ceremony still makes me tear up YEARS later.

Every bride has to do her own thing. Just because it''s not what someone else would do doesn''t mean her wedding is going "overboard with rituals and symbolism", "cluttered" or something is being taken away from it''s meaning. It''s about the INDIVIDUAL couple celebrating their union and that union doesn''t always need to be totally traditional.

No disrespect meant... I''m just a fan of personal touches in weddings. I love that!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 1:09:40 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 3/22/2010 1:02:20 PM

Author: ladypirate

ETA: We''re thinking of doing some sort of wine ceremony in lieu of candles or sand.
discuss this!!! we both love wine... :)

i thought about that with the bachelor, so i would not label it at the wedding as a ''rose ceremony''.

I just saw this--sorry for the delay JCar.

Basically we would each have a little pitcher of wine and then we''d pour them into a glass to mix and then we would each take a sip from the glass. Similar idea to a unity candle, but with wine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results