shape
carat
color
clarity

Roommate Help.. Could be long

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know most of you no longer have roommates, you have your lovely DH''s. I''m still in college and live with two girls.

On Valentine''s day I received a box from FTD with pink and red tulips, and a secret admirer note. I later learned who they were from, though we did not discuss specifics (i.e. the type of flower, what the note said, etc). Well, my roommate, L, has had a secret admirer since she was ten who must be her mom. She did not receive anything this year, and called her mom to tell her so. Her mom called FTD, and today they delivered flowers. They are the exact same bouquet with the exact same card.

I got home from work and my roommate accused me of taking her flowers. I would NEVER do anything like this. I don''t know what happened, if someone at FTD messed up, or what. All I know is that on Saturday I had a box addressed to me, so I opened it.

After our confrontation (which included yelling... we have been friends for 4 years and never yelled at one another) she left the house. I called my sister and she suggested buying a cheap bouquet and leaving her a note. So, I went to the grocery store and got her some daisies and left her a note saying that I would never do that, I apologized for yelling, and I said I''m willing to talk whenever she is.

She came home about a half hour ago and hasn''t left the room. I''m kind of at a loss of what to do in this situation. I really don''t want to lose her as a friend, especially over something so dumb. I tried to find the card with my name on it, but I must have thrown it away.

Any ideas??

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 8:59:29 PM
Author:OUpeargirl
I know most of you no longer have roommates, you have your lovely DH''s. I''m still in college and live with two girls.

On Valentine''s day I received a box from FTD with pink and red tulips, and a secret admirer note. I later learned who they were from, though we did not discuss specifics (i.e. the type of flower, what the note said, etc). Well, my roommate, L, has had a secret admirer since she was ten who must be her mom. She did not receive anything this year, and called her mom to tell her so. Her mom called FTD, and today they delivered flowers. They are the exact same bouquet with the exact same card.

I got home from work and my roommate accused me of taking her flowers. I would NEVER do anything like this. I don''t know what happened, if someone at FTD messed up, or what. All I know is that on Saturday I had a box addressed to me, so I opened it.

After our confrontation (which included yelling... we have been friends for 4 years and never yelled at one another) she left the house. I called my sister and she suggested buying a cheap bouquet and leaving her a note. So, I went to the grocery store and got her some daisies and left her a note saying that I would never do that, I apologized for yelling, and I said I''m willing to talk whenever she is.

She came home about a half hour ago and hasn''t left the room. I''m kind of at a loss of what to do in this situation. I really don''t want to lose her as a friend, especially over something so dumb. I tried to find the card with my name on it, but I must have thrown it away.

Any ideas??

Can you contact the florist who they were bought from and have them confirm the delivery under your name for her?
I mean, its stupid you have to do this, but if it''ll stop the temper tanterm, well, by all means try.

Since she''s your roomie I say do everything you can to work it out. Normally when someone acts so immature, I''d say just forget them, kinda hard since you live with her!

Good luck and I''m sorry she''s wigging out over something so little!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Chill.

She just got home and some people need a little time to think things over and cool down
1.gif

I would give her space and not worry about, or try to force a convo unless her aloofness lasts more than another day. You did a nice thing and I think the best advice is to let her pick her own time now.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Your roomate sounds a little..........nuts.
Seriously, how bizarre!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies.

I''m just going to let her be tonight.. It''s Thursday, which means I''m going out with friends, so I probably won''t see her until tomorrow afternoon.

After really thinking about it, I worked for a florist for a year. Valentine''s day is NUTS and it''s very, very possible that two orders delivered to the same house got confused. If she can''t see that, then yes, she is a little nuts.

I didn''t do anything wrong, so I''m not going to act like I did. I refuse to be blamed for opening a box with my name on it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh, this is very sad. She sounds depressed! Surely a lot of gals get bummed out around Valentine''s Day.

Like PP said, just let her deal with it on her own.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like she has some issues, and she may be depressed, like MC suggested. I''m sorry to hear about her weird reaction and her lashing out at you, but I agree that this sounds like something she needs to figure out on her own time. Maybe call the florist and make sure that it was addressed to you (even though you know it was) if you think it would help. Otherwise, hopefully she''ll come to you.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''d let things calm down for a bit...and revisit the issue when everyones emotion has simmered down.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
That is very odd. I''m sure she will calm down. I''d say don''t worry about it and let it be unless you have substantial proof that it had your name on it or else she probably will continue to not believe you. JMO

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 10:53:35 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
That is very odd. I''m sure she will calm down. I''d say don''t worry about it and let it be unless you have substantial proof that it had your name on it or else she probably will continue to not believe you. JMO

I would try to contact the florist who sent them and get to the bottom of it if you can''t find the card. I''m really sorry she is being so weird. She has to know that if you did accidentally open her flowers (which I don''t think you did! I mean, how do you mix up someone else''s name for your own?) it wasn''t on purpose!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, what a shame. I am sure she will come around and see that this was not your fault. Just hang in there and let her come to you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think you are doing exactly the right thing, and I hope she is in a more reasonable mood today - being on the outs with a roomie sucks!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Girls...
20.gif

She''ll get over it!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Ah, the best part of college: crazy roommates.

I had soooo many moments with emotional outbursts (myself included) over the most random, stupid things. The best thing to do would be to just let her cool off and let her come around. You *will* eventually laugh over it.

I remember one time I had made some rice and it burned because at the time I had never made rice before. We had over some male friends and my roommate yells out in front of everyone “yeah, just make sure “Fiery” never makes rice since she doesn’t know how to!” I was mortified so I didn’t talk to her for about 5 days.

Then she bakes a cake, enters my room with the cake, and leaves it on my bed. I look down and on the cake was “I promise to never make fun of your rice cooking abilities ever again.” I almost peed on myself I was laughing so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results