shape
carat
color
clarity

Rookie needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabella

Rough_Rock
Dear all,

I have been offered some good outlets for diamonds in Sierra Leone, West Africa. As I am a complete rookie in the diamond game, I need some advice before I invest.

My intention is to travel to Sierra Leone to bring the diamonds back for sale in the raw uncut state.

can anyone please tell me what to look for in the raw diamond and how to assess the quality.

What would decide the value?
Has anybody heard or had any experience of diamond from this area?
Are they in demand, are they valuable?
Is it worth my effort?
Who would potentially be interested in buying when I eventually bring the stones.

Please offer advice

Much obliged

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just a consumer, but that sounds mighty risky to me!

Ahmed Saleh

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/4/2002 5:31:03 PM

Dear all,

I have been offered some good outlets for diamonds in Sierra Leone, West Africa. As I am a complete rookie in the diamond game, I need some advice before I invest.

My intention is to travel to Sierra Leone to bring the diamonds back for sale in the raw uncut state.

can anyone please tell me what to look for in the raw diamond and how to assess the quality.

What would decide the value?
Has anybody heard or had any experience of diamond from this area?
Are they in demand, are they valuable?
Is it worth my effort?
Who would potentially be interested in buying when I eventually bring the stones.

Please offer advice

Much obliged
----------------

dear Isabell
I'm an Egyptian but working in Sierra Leone as a manager for company , as personal interest not related to my company business I have a wide connections with some dimaond miners I can act as your broker in this business
guarantee to you many things , besides I'm not going to destroy my company reputation
if you are interested in my offer please contact me on my email ([email protected])
my regards

nineta

Rough_Rock
I'm just a consumer too, but make sure that the diamonds come from a 'clean' source. Unless you don't mind how the diamonds were sourced or where the proceeds of your purchase go....

adbargor

Rough_Rock
To All Buyers,

We are independent broker located in Washington, D.C. with a worldwide contact of Raw Diamond suppliers.

We just received a price quote with a condition of purchase from one of our contact in South Africa looking for serious investor. If you are interested or need additional information, please contact us immediatly.

Product information as follow:

22,500 carats of rough diamonds from 1.00
carat to 50.00 carts in size. Colors from white to
natural fancy blue and fancy yellow.

Average price per carat is $900.00 or a total
US$ 20,250,000.00 (Twenty Million Two Hundred & Fifty
Thousand) US Dollars.

Buyers Must do the following:
(1) Have a letter from their bank stating they are
capable of doing a single purchase of $20 million or
more. Then we will arrange your visit to South Africa.

(2) If buyer choose's to put up an irrevocable Letter
of Credit. The diamond will be shipped any where in
the world for viewing. Buyer will pay all insurance
from South africa and back if not purchased.

(3) Since your buyers do not have a license in South
Africa to deal in rough diamonds we will export
diamonds to you on our company name. Diamonds will
move via Brinks, Inc.

This parcel is available immediately!!!!!!!!!

Alfred Bargor, Sr.

Mongol

Rough_Rock
Hey:

I am only a humble consumer but your plan sounds risky. I visit another Diamond forum and I hear many stories of scams originating from West Africa. Most of this include promising riches in SL...If someone offered me get to SL for Diamonds I will make sure I carry an AK 47 or G36 just in case.

My advice is get to know about Diamonds first and closely examine your contacts. Personally I would rather buy an uncut stone from Europe and get it cut and polished in my home country Australia.:sun:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Isabella, you're foolish if you attempt to invest in something you have no knowledge of.

That's my advice.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And I would 2nd that. I get offers in my email from supposed "rough dealers" in Sierra Leone quite frequently. I have tremendous experience buying polished diamonds AND I would never take the risk. Is there even such a thing as a "clean source" from the SL region and if so how would one know?

Rhino

deji

Rough_Rock
Dear Isabelle,

I reside in New York City and I will be traveling to Sierra Leone within the next 2 weeks on business.
I know for a fact that Sierra Leone has some of the world's most sought after rough diamonds.

If I can be of assistance let me know.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
**BOINK!!!**

That sound you just heard was my bullshit meter going off and pegging the top of the scale.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Be carefull!!! I heard and seen on T.V., where these people promise you to bring you rough diamonds and they tell you that they need money up front and they tell you to wait in your hotel room and they dissapear without a trace.
You gotta know what you are doing ,otherwise it is too risky!!!

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i must warn you;99.9% OF DIAMOND IN AFRICA IS SCAM.there is so much phony crap going on its unreal.why would a miner want to sell to you.its easy enough for him to deleate his goods.he would not need to sell to you out of the bush.illigal miners risking their lives they get shot like flies diamonds miners arent going to give them away
furthermore there thinking a handfull of stones are getting them rich.chances are if you get anything besides robbed it will be all the crap that left africa and was the rejects sent back to africa to sell from the bush.i have seen 6 people try 1 went to jail on phony charges.the others lost their shirts.dont trust anyone.do not advance anymoney i dont care if thats how its done.these niggerian bandits will burn you.besides sophisticated technology alows them to figgure dang near exactly how much and what can be cut from each stone.i have some raw stones i just put on tonight for everyone to see nothing to speak of 4.56 cts.i only bought them because it was dirt cheap.please be carefull.if you want to invest invest in a more stable country.good luck im not trying to discurrage you and watch im gonna piss people off.sierre leone bad news

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i know of a source you can buy rough in usa.no deposits you view you buy,how much i dont know but if your interested let me know in my subscribber box.stay away from sierre leone,i can show you some scam letters i recieve that will blow your mind

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Just an FYI - I was checking our email accounts at work today (a Juno server email) and there were letters from a "African Prince" of some sort promising all sorts of great deals on diamonds. And our business has NOTHING to do with diamonds or gems at all. It is a total scam if you ask me.... and it seems to be going aorund the internet like wild fire.

** Just stick to the good ol US of A merchandise! **

** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA **

16.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
** Just stick to the good ol US of A merchandise! **

** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA ** USA **

spread the word !!
well said dancin

1.gif

StoneSeeker

Rough_Rock
This reminds me of an acquaintance who received an e-mail from the "son of a refugee
tribe leader" who needed to transport the
family treasure to the US and needed someone to put the money in their bank account and get them to the US on an investor
visa...etc... written in very poor English with
lots of big-syllable words.... Can you say:
S-H-A-D-Y...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS--my friend was recently telling me about an article he read in a mag about that very scam (and others similar) where they basically fleece you out of a certain amount of money, get you to come to their country to finalize the deal or 'sign paperwork' and then end up murdering the person and taking their money. Apparently it's becoming a bit of a problem and more common, and some of the actual country officials are in on the schemes. I've heard the most about these scams originating from Africa. Pretty scary!!

I just shake my head that people actually fall for some of these scams. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results