shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic NY restaurants???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dandoboy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any recommendations on romantic restaurants to dine at while in Manhattan in December? We''re partial to Italian or Steakhouse cuisine, but are open to other ideas.

I have heard people mention The Rainbow Room, Erminia''s, and The Four Seasons. Please comment on these or any other places.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well, there are tons of them.

Are you planning on proposing there? How much do you want to spend? Any part of town you want to be in?

dandoboy

Rough_Rock
Not going to propose there.
Price isn''t the driving force.
Midtown Manhattan just South of Central Park, but willing to travel a bit for a good restaurant.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... Here are some suggestions... on the pricey side, but some of my favorites. You can get all the information on them at http://newyork.citysearch.com

Craft
Artisanal
BLT Steak
db Bistro
Eleven Madison Park
Mesa Grill
Olives
Fresco

I''m sure I could come up with more if none of those strike your fancy.

Also, you can look up lots of menus at http://www.menupages.com. Not all of the menus are current, so don''t plan what you''re going to eat beforehand... but you can get the idea of what they serve and the prices.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love going to Il Tinello, 16 West 56th street, it''s fine northern italian cuisine. Very romantic and a great location just off 5th ave.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
One if by Land, TIBS, set in an old carriage house is considered ultraromantic and is probably one of the most popular proposal places. The River Cafe in Brooklyn offers striking views of downtown Manhattan and another perfect proposal setting (also a very popular spot for wedding pictures). Eleven Madison Park is one of my personal favorites, with its soaring ceilings (a former bank).
Rainbow Room could be romantic, could be frumpy and cheesy, depending on your tastes but it does offer great views as well.

cpsmaxima

Rough_Rock
If you want the Most romantic restaurant, take her to "The View" @ the Marriot Marquis Hotel in Time Square. The Restaurant is located at the top of the hotel. The best part about it is the Restaurant ROTATES! You get a VERY ROMANTIC panoramic view of the NY city skyline. Make sure you get a reservation for a "WINDOW Seat". The Impact is more intense when you sit at a window, versus a seat "near" the window. TRUST ME! Also, the dining bill will run you arround $200-250(including tip) for two people. Well worth it!

I just came back from NY, and I took my GF there. She was absolutely amazed. I will definately return there again. If you need a contact person let me know.

Oh, and a Carriage ride($40) arround Centeral Park is very romantic and a huge hit also. Dress warm for December!

Good Luck!

Chris

ladydee91500

Rough_Rock
CPSmaxima... wow you took the words right out of my head.. haha...

The View is a beautiful place... a must! esp. at night time...
36.gif

dandoboy

Rough_Rock
Alright...I''m now torn between either The View or Fresco. Both seem like amazing places (for different reasons). The View seems more touristy and all with the view of Manhattan and being affiliated with a hotel, but with a great menu still and heck, we would be considered ''tourists''. Would a window table be cold in December? Fresco seems a little more trendy (borderline arrogant) but still extremely acclaimed for their menu. Price is no longer a playing factor in my choice.

Which restaurant would you choose?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this will help you make your decision, but according to the Zagat, the food at The View is pretty mediocre while at Fresco it''s excellent. Fresco also rates better on service.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
If your choice is between those two, it''s easy. Fresco. Delicious food, great atmosphere, not touristy at all, not snobby either. But if you want THE BEST italian food and price is not an issue, the big winner is Il Mulino. Hands down, my favorite restaurant in NY. Call now for reservations because it''s virtually impossible to get in--the room is very small and it gets booked quickly. I guarantee you it will be one of the best culinary experiences of your life!!! Keep us posted!

dandoboy

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any comments or opinions on either the Gramercy Tavern or The Four Seasons Restaurant?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 5:44:52 PM
Author: elepri
One if by Land, TIBS, set in an old carriage house is considered ultraromantic and is probably one of the most popular proposal places. The River Cafe in Brooklyn offers striking views of downtown Manhattan and another perfect proposal setting (also a very popular spot for wedding pictures).

Elepri already picked my two picks ... you can''t go wrong with either of these.

I''d also pick Gramercy Tavern over Fresco (don''t care for it really) ... Four Seasons is a little "cold" and unromantic - more biz lunch IMO.

I also have a little personal fave ... HOME on Cornelia Street in the West Village. It''s TINY and sweet and great food. (If it''s even still there??)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just for fun ... check out the entirely non-romatic but kitchy-quirky-delicious cafeteria style KATZ''s DELI down on Ludlow Street. (It''s where Harry & Sally had their "orgasmic" experience) and as a former NY-er, the ONE place I always took everyone who visited from out of town.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Gramercy Tavern is awesome, one of the best restaurants in NY. Haven''t been to Four Seasons but I believe it has more of a corporate rather than romantic feel.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, you didn''t like my suggestion!!! Gramercy Tavern is wonderful. Very cozy, romantic, delicious food. Four Seasons is great but very stuffy, older crowd. The food is phenomenal but in terms of atmosphere, it''s kind of too uptight, not warm and inviting. Just my opinion of course.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
What about Tavern on the Green? the crystal tent room?

I love it there.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Gramercy Tavern. Excellent place. Love it. And the food is always great. One of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results