shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolling Rings and How to make out the sizes?

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know (I know there is a few of you out there who have Trinity Rolling Rings) how do you tell what size you
want.

I have tried the Website ("Cartier") but can't seem to work it out. I have had a similar design in the past and have gone up
a size from my normal.

So, if anyone can help would be much appreciated =)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I have just bought a Cartier Trinity in the 2.9mm size, and I would also say to get your true size.

Annoyingly, I tried them on in Boston before my trip and chose a size, which now seems to be slightly too large. It's a quarter size larger than my normal size. I tried the next one down in Cartier but that really seemed too tight. I guess my hands were just warm that day. Anyway, get your true size if looking at the 2.9mm or below, and consult the guide above with the link if you're getting a bigger one.

Good luck with your purchase, and show it to us here on SMTB when you get it!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to add that I wear mine 24/7 and love it more all the time!!! How's that for enabling? :)

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I would also like to add that I fell in love with mine the second I'd paid; it is SO stylish. And just so lovely to look down at your hand and see a Cartier! On PS it seems like lots of people have a Trinity, but I don't believe that's true in real life.

I've solved my ring size problem. My perfect size is a 5.5 for my right hand, but Cartier size 50 is a 5.25 and Cartier 51 is a 5.75. No wonder the 50 was weirdly small and my new size 51 a little big. Actually the 51 is a smidgen under a 5.75, which is 16.3mm diameter in the States but the 51 is 16.24mm in Cartier.

So, Monny, the sizes don't correspond exactly; therefore you should definitely try some on before you buy.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1369406562|3453070 said:
I would also like to add that I fell in love with mine the second I'd paid; it is SO stylish. And just so lovely to look down at your hand and see a Cartier! On PS it seems like lots of people have a Trinity, but I don't believe that's true in real life.

I've solved my ring size problem. My perfect size is a 5.5 for my right hand, but Cartier size 50 is a 5.25 and Cartier 51 is a 5.75. No wonder the 50 was weirdly small and my new size 51 a little big. Actually the 51 is a smidgen under a 5.75, which is 16.3mm diameter in the States but the 51 is 16.24mm in Cartier.

So, Monny, the sizes don't correspond exactly; therefore you should definitely try some on before you buy.

Oooooh that's a good point. When I bought mine, she asked me what size I was and I said "6.5" and she brought me a ring and I got it, but I don't know what size she actually gave me in European sizes. I just checked my receipt and it says "SZ 6.5".

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
Mine is true to size as well (2.9 mm). I usually wear size 5 or 5.25 and size 50 fits perfectly.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Smith1942|1369405177|3453051 said:
I have just bought a Cartier Trinity in the 2.9mm size, and I would also say to get your true size.

Annoyingly, I tried them on in Boston before my trip and chose a size, which now seems to be slightly too large. It's a quarter size larger than my normal size. I tried the next one down in Cartier but that really seemed too tight. I guess my hands were just warm that day. Anyway, get your true size if looking at the 2.9mm or below, and consult the guide above with the link if you're getting a bigger one.

Good luck with your purchase, and show it to us here on SMTB when you get it!
Oh sweet! You bought the trinity!

I would add my vote to the 'try one on' list. It really depends on the thickness of the bands.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rolling rings are awesome! I've been learning to work in silver, and one of the things I've made a lot of is rolling rings. Just three different finishes on sterling silver, but they've been really popular with friends and family. I've made them all true to size (as much as an amateur can) and as far as I know, they all fit fine. I've made literally dozens of them. I will say though, think wide band when you're sizing. I need a half size up in a wider band, and my rolling ring fits like that. Mine is 3 bands of 2mm each, if that's any help. It might be less of an issue with skinnier bands in the ring.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your input. :wavey:

Seems like the general consensus is to just go into the store and try some on. Jennifer I do like the wider style, so thank's for your info.

I have always loved them and would like one to wear when I am not wearing my e ring just for a casual look.
I love the look of them with an eternity band

(Dandi Andi you have started something :bigsmile:

I don't have an eternity, but a 7 stone x 30pt's band which would look very nice with the wide band me thinks :naughty:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1369471655|3453515 said:

Seems like the general consensus is to just go into the store and try some on. Jennifer I do like the wider style, so thank's for your info.

I have always loved them and would like one to wear when I am not wearing my e ring just for a casual look.

I don't have an eternity, but a 7 stone x 30pt's band which would look very nice with the wide band me thinks :naughty:

More than happy to help, my love! :bigsmile:

Your amazing 7 stone band would look DELISH with a rolling ring! You definitely need one!! :Up_to_something: My right hand ring finger is a 6.5, and the rolling ring I got is a size 54. It's a teeeeny bit snug some days, but most days if it's worn alone it's perfect. It's a bit tight to wear stacked on that hand, so I usually just wear the stack on my left hand, which is a 5.75. It would probably fall off my left hand on a cold day. I probably could have gotten away with a 55 for my right hand, but then it would have been miles too big for my left. Mine is the 2.9mm also, I bought it from eBay seller brandearauctions.
Ooh exciting! Can't wait to see what you get!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a loose size 7.25 and I got a 56. Its a thinner rolling ring. I had started a thread about it. I think it does depend on the ring type though. Whats nice though the rings can be rolled in such a way to make them fit tighter if need be. Honestly best thing if you can is just to go try some on. I flipping love mine.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-questions-about-rolling-rings.186571/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-questions-about-rolling-rings.186571/[/URL]

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi|1369647173|3454347 said:
Monnyjay|1369471655|3453515 said:

More than happy to help, my love! :bigsmile:

Your amazing 7 stone band would look DELISH with a rolling ring! You definitely need one!! :Up_to_something: My right hand ring finger is a 6.5, and the rolling ring I got is a size 54. It's a teeeeny bit snug some days, but most days if it's worn alone it's perfect. It's a bit tight to wear stacked on that hand, so I usually just wear the stack on my left hand, which is a 5.75. It would probably fall off my left hand on a cold day. I probably could have gotten away with a 55 for my right hand, but then it would have been miles too big for my left. Mine is the 2.9mm also, I bought it from eBay seller brandearauctions.
Ooh exciting! Can't wait to see what you get!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank's Dandi for the info. I may have to go in and try some on, I have the same issue as you my left hand is about half a size to one size smaller - also depends on the weather. I love how you wear your eternity with it, looks gorgeous - think you may have started a trend my dear :naughty: can't have one without the other! Anyway, I will keep my eyes open for one and let you know when I find one =)

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1369651406|3454355 said:
I wear a loose size 7.25 and I got a 56. Its a thinner rolling ring. I had started a thread about it. I think it does depend on the ring type though. Whats nice though the rings can be rolled in such a way to make them fit tighter if need be. Honestly best thing if you can is just to go try some on. I flipping love mine.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-questions-about-rolling-rings.186571/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-few-questions-about-rolling-rings.186571/[/URL]

Glad you love yours Neil, there's something timeless about them I think - classic might be the right word. I am definitely going to
try some on next time I am in the city that way I can might the right decision - thinner or thicker bands etc. Thank's for the
link too, I will check it out. :wavey:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have the ultra slim Trinity ring and wear a size 46 in it. My regular ring size is either a 3.5 or 3.75 and I think a 46 is somewhere in between? Or at least that conversion site says a 3.75 is a 46.5. Confusing :sick:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep trying them on every trip I take (I think I have commitment issues - I want one, but I don't want to pay retail!!) and my ring is a size 8 and both the 58 and 59 fit. the 59 is def quite loose but the last SA I spoke w in NYC on Fifth Ave, said better to get larger than the exact size, rationale being with gravity, your hands will swell during the day and what starts as fine in the am, becomes tighter as the day goes on.

Makes sense to me. With a bit of heat I go from a size 8 ring to a... oh... i dunno... maybe a 10 would be the better size!! I HATE how I bloat in the heat!

Good luck on your search, but definitely follow the recommendation to try them on. Only you will know what is most comfortable for your hand.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
To be honest I found that the only way to be sure is to try some on.

If you're anywhere near a Cartier this is totally fun as they have some really blinged out versions.

The rolling action does seem to make it easier to wear a smaller size than normal (at least for me). Mine has flown off a few times when my fingers are feeling skinny and I'm talking with my hands even though I bought slightly smaller than my regular ring size!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1369775938|3455269 said:
I keep trying them on every trip I take (I think I have commitment issues - I want one, but I don't want to pay retail!!) and my ring is a size 8 and both the 58 and 59 fit. the 59 is def quite loose but the last SA I spoke w in NYC on Fifth Ave, said better to get larger than the exact size, rationale being with gravity, your hands will swell during the day and what starts as fine in the am, becomes tighter as the day goes on.

Makes sense to me. With a bit of heat I go from a size 8 ring to a... oh... i dunno... maybe a 10 would be the better size!! I HATE how I bloat in the heat!

Good luck on your search, but definitely follow the recommendation to try them on. Only you will know what is most comfortable for your hand.

Enerchi I know exactly how you feel, my hands swell up too in the heat, it's a pain. I will have to go up a size as well and that will depend on which hand I choose to wear it........

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results