shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex watch - second hand online vendors - authenticity ?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
I hope asking about rolex watches is OK here , please remove if not. I know we have a number of watch experts / collectors on PS and was hoping to get some help. I am looking for a rolex watch - for a present. At this stage i am investigating the second hand market online as I am not in the US.

Do you think it is worth buying a second hand rolex - will it last? (assuming I keep on servicing it).

I am wary of buying a fake - any reputable watch rolex vendors that deal in second hand rolex people can steer me towards or sites?

Being a PS I am after value for dollar - so therefore considering the second hand market - though happy to be told differently.

What is a good entry level male and female rolex that I should be looking at ?

thank you so much in advance, being a typical PS I am happy to research for months and months - so feel free to send me site links to improve my knowledge in this area .

thanks heaps :wavey:

D2b

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Rolex watch - second hand online vendors - authenticity

Timezone.com and Watchnet.com.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I don't think there is anything wrong with purchasing preowned timepieces.
Just find a reputable vendor. Also, keep in mind that some Rolexes have aftermarket "upgrades" (like dials, diamonds, etc.) so make sure that you know what you're getting into (some people are fine with aftermarket upgrades, but Rolex, however, is not and I believe it may void a warranty).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

momhappy|1458867539|4010671 said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with purchasing preowned timepieces.
Just find a reputable vendor. Also, keep in mind that some Rolexes have aftermarket "upgrades" (like dials, diamonds, etc.) so make sure that you know what you're getting into (some people are fine with aftermarket upgrades, but Rolex, however, is not and I believe it may void a warranty).
Yup, Rolex service center will NOT work on any Rolex watches with aftermarket parts.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Dancing Fire and Mumhappy - I am at the beginning to my rolex investigation journey and to be honest haven't even figured out how much they cost new in Australia - let alone comparing it to the secondhand market. However I do like a good research project and have a good year up my sleeve for this present so trying to learn as much as I can and see where to from here.

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results