shape
carat
color
clarity

Robins Brothers files Chapter 11.. should i wait to buy a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
When stores liquidate prior to going out of business, other companies run the liquidation sale. The markdowns are NEVER as good as you think because the third party has control over the prices. They can mark things up and then attach a "sale" price of 80% off. This has been proven several times this year with Circuit City and Linens and Things.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, when Whitehall''s went out of business, every time I went to the mall, I''d check out their "deals," and everything was incredibly expensive. Their diamond studs were 2X what I paid and they were lower quality!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
ha i love your avatar pic that''s funny..

ya i''m going with what everyone else said. probably won''t be worth it even if they do liquidate.

if you want to get a quality item at a fair price go with one of the reputable online PS vendors..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chapter 11 is the reorganisation provision in the Bankruptcy Code. Reorganisation may or may not result in liquidation. When a company files for Chapter 7, there will be liquidation. But, as the above posters have pointed out, the inventory may not be cheaper.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d just buy somewhere else. Ditto everyone.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Same advice--buy elsewhere. The prices will likely not be affected in any significant way.

ATM

Rough_Rock
ya man my avatar is true to life.. buying an engagement ring when your not well off or really have spare cash is hard. I have a limited budget so im always looking for a deal.

as far as Robins brothers i doubt they will liquidate stores but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results