shape
carat
color
clarity

Road Trip to Low''s Bridal

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot find a dress! Well I found one. LOVED it. Was so excited. Saw myself in pics and cried myself to sleep . . . .

So on Friday my mom and I set off for Low''s Bridal in Brinkley AR. I had a 1:00 PM appt and we had a 6 hour drive. So we left quite early. Brinkley is a SMALL tiny town of pretty much nothing. Low''s is this HUGE building in an old hotel that is amazingly gorgeous. The lobby was stunning. They have all these amazing dresses on mannequins. . . they have more dresses on mannequins than some of the stores near me have TOTAL! I had a great older sales lady named Goldie. :) The curvy girl dresses are upstairs. They have an 18/20, 22/24 and 26 and up room upstairs. They also have rooms full of really pricey gowns. I felt so sorry for dragging goldie upstairs and downstairs a couple times. After trying on some dresses in my size, I went downstairs to look at the 14/16 dresses as I can try those on, but can''t usually zip them. The disappointing thing about the trip was that they just didn''t have any dresses in my sizes of the style that I really really want.
7.gif
they had a TON of them on the mannequins, but none in a size I could reasonably try on. So I found two dresses, a Mori Lee and a Jasmine that I had actually tried on locally. The Mori Lee I had already tried on in my size. The Jasmine was a size 6! Did you know that they put these backs in their dresses that let almost any size try them on? The one at Low''s didn''t have that back, but the size 6 at the local store did. So while it looked WAY better in my size obviously, it was interesting to have tried it on in a 6. It was beneficial to try that Jasmine on in my size, it was a bummer to not find something new that I liked. I hate the dresses that they have samples of in my size. I will say though, that if you are in driving distance of Low''s it''s probably well worth it. Especially if you are like me and have a lot of smaller local shops with not a lot of inventory.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I had no idea they put special backs on the dresses. Very interesting. Sorry you didn't find anything you liked.

I think I need those "special backs" on all my clothes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results