shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani Endless Love - Oval diamond help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

06Iced

Rough_Rock

I''m looking into purchasing a Ritani Endless Love Collection Oval (I''ve attached the photo of what I''d like to get below).

Unfortunately, since I''m up in Vancouver BC, Canada, I have to do this remotely over the phone. This is the diamond that EE Robins found for me, and I wanted to get an opinion on if it was alright.

0.63ct Oval - VS2 - H
Measurements: 6.24*4.88*3.09
Girdle: Slightly thick. This is okay. Avoid knife-thin and avoid extremely thick.
Culet: None.
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Table: 60%
Total Depth:63.3%
Flouresence: None
Cost: $2095

The price, I''m not too concerned about, I only incuded it for reference. What I question more is about the H color and if it is still ''white'' enough? Will any yellow be noticeable? I''m really not sure. I don''t know what it would be like set in. I''ve seen a G before in this setting, and it seemed ok, although not as brilliant as it could have been, but that could be for a variety of reasons.

Any thoughts on that or any of the other parameters of the diamond?

Ritani Ring - a.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ovals you really need to see in person. You can''t go by numbers alone. You want to make sure it doesn''t have a bow tie, or at least one that is minimal. HTH good luck!!
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know, seems a bit expensive. You can get a .6 H VS2 hearts and arrows AGS ideal round for the same price...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Color won''t affect brillance. CUT affenct brillance. Is ist a GIA cert.? I may have missed that, but, if it is you will be fine with the H color. If it is and EGL cert. it''s hard to say if it will be too warm for you. I have an EGL H oval and many other H color ovals (EGL or not) look whiter to me. EGL tends to be more inconsistent in their grading particurlarly when color grading. And the price does seem too high for that particular stone. IMO the 63.3 depth is a little too deep. I like ovals that are around 58 - 61, but, that''s just me. BTW...I loooooove
30.gif
that setting. You are going to have one beautiful ring!

06Iced

Rough_Rock
Yeah, the diamond is GIA certified.

Is the diamond price a little higher because I''m going thru a retail store rather than a wholesale company online? I''m not sure if a retailer would accept me bringing in a diamond of my own, only to have them ship it off to Ritani to make me a ring. They have to be makign some money of their own some where along the way, don''t they?

As for the depth %, I had read that ideally, it should be between 62-68% for an oval? Am I wrong?

Also, the length to width is 1.28, is that too little? Should be closer to 1.5?

Thanks for all your help!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Online companies are not wholesale.

Any company that sells you the Endless Love will make money off of the setting, and they should have no problem with an outside stone. And if they do, would you want to work with them? There are many 'net-friendly retailers of Ritani.

68% is very deep for an oval...

This is the AGA cut chart for ovals: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc3.asp which is a useful guide.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 3:06:44 PM
Author: 06Iced
Yeah, the diamond is GIA certified.

Is the diamond price a little higher because I'm going thru a retail store rather than a wholesale company online? I'm not sure if a retailer would accept me bringing in a diamond of my own, only to have them ship it off to Ritani to make me a ring. They have to be makign some money of their own some where along the way, don't they?

As for the depth %, I had read that ideally, it should be between 62-68% for an oval? Am I wrong?

Also, the length to width is 1.28, is that too little? Should be closer to 1.5?

Thanks for all your help!
First off, just because that retailer won't let you bring in an outside stone, doesn't mean another one won't. It never hurts to check around. Pearlman's carries Ritani. I've never used them, but, many others here have and he has a great reputation.

ETA...Oops, I wasn't finished and hit submit...Here's a link for Pearlman's http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/ritani-jewelry/

For any kind of fancy cut you need to use your eyes to decide if that is the stone for you. If you are going to be looking a stone by numbers only I'd stick to a round. With ovals, you really need to see them. The l/w ratio of 1.28 means that it will be a chunky oval. I like them that way, but, again, someone else may not. I would not like an oval with a 1.5 ratio. Again, that's in the eye of the beholder.

From what I've seen I think a 68% depth in an oval is a waste of visible stone and will probably be dark in the middle and have a dark bowtie. That said, there's a lot of room to groove with the numbers in an oval.

If I were you, I'd look at stones, find a l/w ratio you like, a color you like, a clarity you like, and price them out. Using the Pricescope your diamond tool on the home page is a great way to do that. I've consumed entire days with it...hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results