shape
carat
color
clarity

Rising Oceans ALREADY flooding US coastline

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crawl slowly as I sip gas in my hybrid car.
We forego heat and AC in our house.
We didn't have kids.

I did what I could ... but I couldn't stop global warming.

Sorry America.
I tried.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/science/flooding-of-coast-caused-by-global-warming-has-already-begun.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=1

But then, of course, the righties see the NYT as nothing more than a bible for the liberal religion.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're all stuck in The Matrix, Kenny. There was never much you could do as an individual, although good on you for trying.

The thing that I see now, is those who were denying global warming, are now unable to deny it strictly in light of all the whack weather. (Jim Inhofe is a loon and I wish he didn't count) No, now people with the brains of a carrot have finally been forced to agree that climate change IS happening....while still stubbornly insisting that the changes are just the normal variations and that humans thus have zero to do with any of it. Denial is still the most powerful force in the universe after all.

I'd be a bit more glad about living inland, if the place I was in was not in a true statistical bull's eye for massive tornadoes, and if my house hadn't shaken to the foundations yesterday, from a ridiculously long 5.6 earthquake. That kind of offsets the benefit of not living on a coast. :sick:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1473024960|4073246 said:
We're all stuck in The Matrix, Kenny. There was never much you could do as an individual, although good on you for trying.

The thing that I see now, is those who were denying global warming, are now unable to deny it strictly in light of all the whack weather. (Jim Inhofe is a loon and I wish he didn't count) No, now people with the brains of a carrot have finally been forced to agree that climate change IS happening....while still stubbornly insisting that the changes are just the normal variations and that humans thus have zero to do with any of it. Denial is still the most powerful force in the universe after all.

I'd be a bit more glad about living inland, if the place I was in was not in a true statistical bull's eye for massive tornadoes, and if my house hadn't shaken to the foundations yesterday, from a ridiculously long 5.6 earthquake. That kind of offsets the benefit of not living on a coast. :sick:

ksinger, Sorry bout that quake.
We sent it over from California. :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Great article! Very informative. :read: Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't I know it, I've grown up on Long Island. Flooding is something that most of us have grown up with but it's quickly outgrowing what even we're used to. My favorite is when the low lying belt parkway floods and you get trapped in Brooklyn, that's always fun. I grew up in a "flood zone" but have since moved to higher ground, why people still buy there (unless they own a boat) is beyond me.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1473025691|4073249 said:
ksinger|1473024960|4073246 said:

ksinger, Sorry bout that quake.
We sent it over from California. :lol:

Are you kidding? We now have more earthquakes than California, and a 5.6 is not exactly tiny. And in true Oklahoma fashion, the bulk of them are our own fault. Damn fracking. Although we (all of us in the US) do reliably make deals with the devil for our lifestyles, don't we?

And I think the earthquake gods simply found me after all these years of hiding here. They finally hunted me down from the 1964 Alaska earthquake. ;-) I'm so SO glad my mom is gone for these quakes, I have to say. I really think she had a touch of PTSD from that quake, and this last one would have sent her over the stress edge, I'm thinking.

Here's a couple of pics from the family archives, just for fun.

screen_shot_2016-09-05_at_8.png

screen_shot_2016-09-05_at_0.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results