shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings on adjacent fingers

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious, do you ever wear rings on adjacent fingers? Ring-middle or ring-pinky for example.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to wear a diamond band on my middle finger but when I did I didn't have a ring on any other fingers. I really like the look. My taste is that only one finger per hand has rings.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring said:
I used to wear a diamond band on my middle finger but when I did I didn't have a ring on any other fingers. I really like the look. My taste is that only one finger per hand has rings.

Ditto Tacori. I like the look of just one finger having the jewelry. Also, I don't like the feeling of metal rubbing on metal so I think it might be distracting to me.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto both Tacori & TG. I've seen it look great on other people (usually ring-middle) but it's just not my thing.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
No, never. My eternity band and ER are enough.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the feeling of it. I have a friend who wears a family ring or two on every finger and it looks fabulous. It was admiring those rings when I was a little girl that got me into jewelry.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I generally am and always have been a one finger per hand ring person... that said there are occasional and rare exceptions that I have seen that I have liked. Mostly I don't even like the look on other people. But like I said, rarely there have been some I liked. A thumb ring with one other ring is an example of what I sometimes like.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I have them in other finger sizes, but quickly take them off and go back to one adorned finger per hand. I do have a deep scar on my right middle finger I should cover with a ring though....

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My granny does this. Worse, she sometimes wears two rings on the same finger.

We took her out for lunch a few days ago and when we arrived at her house, she was wearing stiletto heels and diamonds - at 71!!! :errrr:

My FI took one look at her and said he finally understands where I get it from. :lol:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I'll adorn more than just one finger per hand with old high-karat gold rings I've inherited from my Eastern European relatives. I love that look (very bohemian with the style of these rings). I don't, however, wear them on adjacent fingers. I'll do ring and pointer, or middle and thumb, but I just don't like the feel of rings being right next to rings on the next finger.

Normally, I wear just my wedding set on my left hand, and either a sapphire solitaire or a gold channel-set half-eternity band on my right. Most often, though, my right fingers stay empty and I wear some sort of bracelet on my right wrist.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the more simple look of wearing one ring per hand with the exception of wedding sets (but I also like thin stacking bands I've seen on PS too).

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have some rings made for my middle fingers so sometimes I do wears rings on adjacent fingers; sometimes on both hands, sometimes just on one.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Trekkie, your grendma sounds like a lot of fun!

I saw a woman at the grocery the other day, and every one of her fingers was occupied! I'm not talking bands either-cocktail ring style!

Multiple fingers with bands or smaller rings works for me,

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
never. i prefer the look of rings one one finger... plus i don't want them banging into one another.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No - I'd be concerned about rubbing and wear

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
BoulderGal said:
Trekkie, your grendma sounds like a lot of fun!

I saw a woman at the grocery the other day, and every one of her fingers was occupied! I'm not talking bands either-cocktail ring style!

Multiple fingers with bands or smaller rings works for me,

She loves dressing up. I neglected to mention that her scarf was Calvin Klein, her handbag was Hermes and the rest of her outfit was also designer and bought in Dubai!

Her children joke that she is spending their inheritance :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: but I think we're all secretly proud of how good she looks! :D

I want to be wearing diamonds and stilettos and designer labels when I'm 71!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Trekkie said:
Her children joke that she is spending their inheritance :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: but I think we're all secretly proud of how good she looks! :D

I tell my father that if he is the financial genius he thinks he is :bigsmile:, he will leave just enough to cover funeral expenses.

I tend to be a one ring/stack per hand person, but there are people who look fabulous with many rings. I want to try a middle ring and inkie combination, though.

I worked with a girl who wore a ring on the base of the finger (normal place) and another between the two joints. Strange look, but attractive.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
one finger on each hand is enough for me. The metal against eachother doesn't seem like a great idea.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I used to do this all the time: when I was a teenager, I didn't feel fully dressed unless I had a ring on each finger.

Thumbs, too.

But as I got older, my style changed, at least a little: now, I usually only wear rings on one finger per hand. Why? Part of it is the social norms associated with my age - I mean, I also used to wear stompy Doc Martens with tiny short skirts, and that's less cute when you're in your thirties. Part of it is also that my rings are, well, nicer: I'm more leery of damaging my good platinum pieces, which make a hell of a statement all on their own, then I was of damaging my self-made silver pieces.

That said, I was reading a fantasy series recently - Sarah Monette's Melusine - where one of the marks of rank for the sorcerers is a matched set of rings on each finger. I have to admit, I'm a little tempted to make up 10 rings in a dark gold with garnets for the occasions when I'm feeling flashy ....

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
I used to do this all the time: when I was a teenager, I didn't feel fully dressed unless I had a ring on each finger.

Thumbs, too.

But as I got older, my style changed, at least a little: now, I usually only wear rings on one finger per hand. Why? Part of it is the social norms associated with my age - I mean, I also used to wear stompy Doc Martens with tiny short skirts, and that's less cute when you're in your thirties. Part of it is also that my rings are, well, nicer: I'm more leery of damaging my good platinum pieces, which make a hell of a statement all on their own, then I was of damaging my self-made silver pieces.

That said, I was reading a fantasy series recently - Sarah Monette's Melusine - where one of the marks of rank for the sorcerers is a matched set of rings on each finger. I have to admit, I'm a little tempted to make up 10 rings in a dark gold with garnets for the occasions when I'm feeling flashy ....
Pretty much total ditto. I wore a ring (or two) on each finger and one thumb probably through my late 20s? Mostly chunky sterling ones or larger '40s cocktail white gold & diamond ones with a lot of metalwork. One of the guys (married, in his late '60s!) that I worked with *loved* my sterling rings and actually duplicated the look for himself with mens rings- lots of chunky sterling & turquoise ones. He was quite bummed when I stopped doing that when I got some nicer jewelry.

Wait. I have to put away my stompy boots now? Crap! :tongue:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LittleGreyKitten said:
Circe said:

Thumbs, too.

Pretty much total ditto. I wore a ring (or two) on each finger and one thumb probably through my late 20s? Mostly chunky sterling ones or larger '40s cocktail white gold & diamond ones with a lot of metalwork. One of the guys (married, in his late '60s!) that I worked with *loved* my sterling rings and actually duplicated the look for himself with mens rings- lots of chunky sterling & turquoise ones. He was quite bummed when I stopped doing that when I got some nicer jewelry.

Wait. I have to put away my stompy boots now? Crap! :tongue:

Man, I hope not - I just lowered my hems so they'd cover my tush when I was playing pool. :rodent:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My mom puts all us sparklie girls/boys to shame, lemme just tell you. She wears at least two diamond/platinum/antique rings on each finger, except the thumb. It's pretty ridiculous and why I've decided to go minimalist. But I do switch out my RHR with one ring either on the ring finger or the middle finger, because that little variation can be kind of fun.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I'll sport this type of look with a pinky signet ring...

Duchess of York:

Sarahs jewelry.jpg

reader

Brilliant_Rock
kittybean said:
I'll adorn more than just one finger per hand with old high-karat gold rings I've inherited from my Eastern European relatives. I love that look (very bohemian with the style of these rings). I don't, however, wear them on adjacent fingers. I'll do ring and pointer, or middle and thumb, but I just don't like the feel of rings being right next to rings on the next finger.

Normally, I wear just my wedding set on my left hand, and either a sapphire solitaire or a gold channel-set half-eternity band on my right. Most often, though, my right fingers stay empty and I wear some sort of bracelet on my right wrist.

I would love to see hand shots, I adore older rings.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. I was lusting over a cartier (or knock off) trinity ring, and I think the only finger it would look good on is my middle or maybe pointer--I have short fingers. I got the thin one from rollingring.com and it fits my right ring finger but I think it would look better a little wider, and probably on a different finger. It's OK, but I think it would have more presence as a slightly thicker band.

I just love to see what other people do with their sparklies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results