shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings of a Differenet Color

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Hello, again. With my wife's permission I am going to show you her birthstone ring. Since she was born in June she has the wonderful distinction of having 2/3 birthstones. Of course most are familiar with pearl, but now with the advent of lab created alexandrite , we are starting to see its return to semi-mainstream. Without further adieu .29carats alexandrite, flanked by 2 .25 carat andelusite (known as the poor mans alexandrite) and then pave .06 carats of diamond set in a 14k yellow gold setting:
DSCF2629.jpg
DSCF2633.jpg
DSCF2634.jpg

The alexandrite gets a wonderful shade of green on it in the sun, unfortunately it only turns a light raspberry red in candle/incandescent light( which my current hotel room is lacking...curse you energy efficient florescent bulbs). The andelusite has a wonderful play of green, golden yellow and orange with flashes of red which compliment the alexandrite without overwhelming it. My wife refers to it as her camo ring since it changes color and has a very natural pattern to it.

Docski
- lover of all things shinny and not so new

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color on that alexandrite. If you get a chance, I'd love to see a pic once you get to some incadescent lighting.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Is this another one of your designs Doc?

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
I only came up with the color scheme. The ring and mountings were pre-made, and it took me over 4 months to find a ring and mountings that would work with the stones in the way I envisioned. I actually wasn't too keen on the diamonds initially but they grew on me. After the stones were sent out, I had to return to my command in California and my wife had to go back to her job in another state. So a few weeks later I get a call at 4 am from my wife that the ring has arrived and she was so happy how it looked and fit, she wore it to work that day and got a bunch of compliments all week about it.

Docski
-lover of all things shiny and not so new

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really lovely!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results