shape
carat
color
clarity

RINGS for him

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
34.gif
So i sent C a pic of a ring that i found for him, that i thought was cool. Is anyone else looking at rings for their SO, and if so how have they felt about what you found and what they liked?
33.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
like a wedding band?? I do that all the time! We actually have "matching" claddagh rings from Ireland (cheesy I know!). Its sweet though. He really likes yellow gold and I like white gold (or platinum!) I think its cool, its nice to be able to talk to your SO about that stuff!

Laura
21.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
well, i finally worked up nerve to email him rings, i found and he gave me his opinion on it. He didnt like either of the ones i sent him
39.gif
But it would be his ring, so i cant complain. I know we wont have matching bands, because he like Yellow gold and i like white or plantium too.....o well, at least i have some idea

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
yup! Bf gave me a white/rose gold promise ring when we had been dating a little over a year... So this year (about 2 years later) I had one made just for him! See below:

Mine:

alexaspromisering624.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
His: Platinum and rose gold... but manly rose gold lol

Edit: eek! Sorry the pics are so big

jasonspromisering624.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Thats funny you mention that, yeah I actually showed him the mens SMTR the other day. He pretty much hated anything with diamonds in it haha. He''s a minimalist when it comes to wedding bands. I know he just want''s a metal band with maybe a tiny bit of milligraining or maybe two tone. He showed him a women''s wedding band with some diamonds and his response was something along the lines of "you need more diamonds on the band?" haha. So yeah he likes the simpler wedding bands.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
he already has a USMC ring he wears occasionally, but he does so much with his hands that the hematite band i gave him cracked, so i think i''m just putting my efforts into finding an indestructible band for him. he doesn''t like diamonds and such for a band either (though his ring has a big ol red stone) so something with small detailing or possibly two-tone will be what i end up getting for him

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have some friends that exchanged promise rings, and by exchanged, I mean that he wears one too! I love it, its the sweetest thing.

Jaylex, I love your promise ring and the ring you bought your SO! I like the way they complement each other.

Jessie702, you could try to incorporate a design element into your bands, so that even though they''re different metals, its obvious that they go together (kind of like you two as a couple, not the same, but made for each other, does that make sense?) Of course this isn''t necessary at all, I was just throwing that out there!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
We''ve been keeping our eyes out for wedding bands for him (hoping we''ll be engaged by the end of this year!!). He really wants a black ring, so we''re thinking either titanium or tungsten... Not sure how I feel about him wanting something not so traditional, but I suppose it''s him who gets to wear it, so he might as well love it (suppose I should be thrilled he''s even thinking about it at all really, lol!).

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 3:07:35 PM
Author: szh07
I have some friends that exchanged promise rings, and by exchanged, I mean that he wears one too! I love it, its the sweetest thing.

Jaylex, I love your promise ring and the ring you bought your SO! I like the way they complement each other.

Jessie702, you could try to incorporate a design element into your bands, so that even though they''re different metals, its obvious that they go together (kind of like you two as a couple, not the same, but made for each other, does that make sense?) Of course this isn''t necessary at all, I was just throwing that out there!
Thanks, szh07! It was terribly difficult to find someone that would REASONABLY make a band in rose gold/titanium!

Edit: Oops! Did I say "platinum" before? No. def was titanium. my bad! lol

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was thinking of getting my BF a ring after he proposed. I''m so happy that I''m not the only person. I found a black and silver tungsten ring that would look amazing on him. He seems pretty excited to get a ring too!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I actually brought this up with my boyfriend the other day. We actually went through the WHOLE "men''s rings/eye candy" folder together. 3 hours of rings! At the end of it, he said this:

Him: "You know, those are nice but I think a plain gold band would be just right."

Me: *falls over*

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:28:02 PM
Author: jaylex
His: Platinum and rose gold... but manly rose gold lol

Edit: eek! Sorry the pics are so big
seriously i LOVE that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results