shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size changes throughout day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really having a tough time adjusting to my new e-ring. It''s sized a 5.75 as recommended by the SA because she figured that needed to be my size for the summer months. When I traveled recently (spent time at the airport) the ring felt like it was going to slide off every time I washed my hands. I''m thinking that''s because it''s cooler in that environment. And I''ve noticed that at night it''s a bit loose and aasy to take off. The problem is that in the morning I have to struggle a bit to put it on. I really don''t know what to do. It''s a bit warm where I am but not nearly as warm as it will be in a couple months. Do I just have to live with it loose and constantly worrying about it in the winter so that it fits fine in the summer and morning? Or do I size it down to 5.5 and deal with the tighter feel in the morning and summer to put my mind at ease in the winter that it won''t slip off?

Does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, what have you done about it?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
76%; HEIGHT: 45px" class="ibbquote">

Does anyone else have a similar experience? If so, what have you done about it?
I do, I do! I would say my ring size changes at LEAST a half size, if not more during a day. I hate it. It changes when i've been asleep, if it's warm, if i've had too much salt, you name it. And i have an eternity band for an ering, so they recommended going a half size too big to start with since it can be sized.

i am greatful for the extra room at certain times when i am sure it would not fit if i had gotten it any smaller at all, but i fear it falling off sometimes when my fingers "shrink." i keep another band around that's a wee bit smaller and i just wear them together on the days when it's too loose. Its really the only solution i can think of. Having more than one ring on makes them tighter anyway, but i just put the smaller ring on the outside and that keeps it pretty stable.

Maybe when you get the wedding band and wear both together, it will be a bit more snug!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this issue all the time, not just during the day but also as my weight fluctuates. I recently posted a thread about it:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-does-your-finger-size-change-by-depending-on-the-weather-your-weight.108594/

My ering size varies between 4 and 4.75. Most of the time, now that I've lost some weight it's about 4.25 but sometimes it can be 4.50 (my ering is currently sized at 4.25. When we move up to Shanghai, I'm sure it'll be loose in the winter months).

Worse still, I've had my RHR sized at 5, which I thought was my RH size, but it's actualy already very loose where I am (in the tropics). It should really be 4.75, to accomodate the swelling and if I want it more snug like how my ering fits my LH, it should really be 4.50 (my RH might even be 4.25 in the cold SH winter).

Re-sizing is a pain, esp for the LM ring as I don't really wish to incur a ton of money on shipping and insurance just to send it back and forth to Leon. I may consider a horseshoe sizer like someone has recommended. You might want to think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results