shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Shopping Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ladies,

I haven''t posted in a while because I have been patiently waiting for more developments. My boyfriend and I have been start to seriously shop for rings over the last few months. Yesterday he said he wanted to go back to one of the first stores we went to visit a ring we had liked when we first started looking. I''m so thrilled that he wants to go shopping again (esp. a return visit!) but here is the issue: Since then, we have visitied another store where I am sure I have found the one (setting and stone are both there purchased separately and custom made). I still like the ring at the first store, but LOVE the one at the second store, and the prices are better overall. The problem is that for some reason he seems to prefer buying the ring, diamond and setting together ready-made - so he is partial to the ring at the first store even though it is 2k more. I have tried before now to convince him that the ring at store #1 is way overpriced for what it is, and that we can get more bang for the buck at store number 2.

What should I do? Should we go to store #1 again this weekend so we can both mull over that ring again and so he can see the ring, size etc for the price, then suggest we go back to store #2 so he can see for himself that it is indeed a better deal (and that I love that ring more?). Or should I just express how excited I am that he wants to go shopping again but gently let him know that I''d really prefer to just go to store #2 when he''s ready to buy because I love that ring more and know we can get more for the money?

I don''t want to seem ungrateful.
Thoughts?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I honestly think you could go either way -- YOU are the one who will be wearing the ring day in, day out -- but I think it might be a little nicer to go the first way and look at both stores again and "help" him figure it out by himself which one you prefer, if you know what I mean.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
use the car analogy... really works for dudes.

Best wishes... and this is awesome... it is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery-- i feel like this is a total guy move. the 1st ring is easier and it''s instant gratification. he can walk in and but it, and walk out with it w/o the wait. if the second ring is what you want, explain to him how much you love it. if he really loves you he should be willing to comprimise because it means so much to you. totally up to you, but if it were me i would try to work for what i wanted. but either way that it works out is fine, you would have a ring and one that you like
1.gif
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results