shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Rescue Compression Device to remove ring - Anyone tried it?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I've already tried dental floss, ice, windex, etc.

I'm wondering if a 1-1/2 hour drive each way to the closest location and $200 is worth a try.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering how long the ring has been stuck? Would waiting overnight let swelling go down or has it been awhile? I have never heard of this rescue - just wondering what the cost of repairing the shank would be if the ring was cut off vs. $200 and three hours of driving?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I think the last time I took it off was about 2 years ago. I feel pretty confident that it could not be repaired properly/easily if it were cut off. The melee would be loosened and the split shank might be a challenge to get even.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried butter or cooking oil after icing your hand?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the last time I took it off was about 2 years ago. I feel pretty confident that it could not be repaired properly/easily if it were cut off. The melee would be loosened and the split shank might be a challenge to get even.

Wow - two years - and not a plain shank ring. I guess at this point the health of your finger is more important than the ring. It is a beautiful ring - best of luck in getting the ring off!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think we should all buy one for a just in case

@donnabrsd . What has happened that you suddenly need to remove the ring ?
Has the warmer weather made it a lot worse all of a sudden ?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Shoot, I was hoping it was an option. Sorry I don’t have more ideas. Only thing I can think of is how to reduce your finger so it might twist off. I hope you don’t have to cut it. Best of luck!

My sister gave me medical grade diuretics and they are not helping with water retention. Weight loss is what I need, but my body does not want to shed the extra pounds.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!! If you’ve taken a break so your finger isn’t throbby - maybe try running your hand under cold water and then using bubbly soap?

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, some of those example photos on the website are gnarly.
I would totally drive that far and pay to try and avoid cutting that kind of ring.

I know they are! I watched so many. I'll likely take the drive. My hesitation is that when I called the urgent care facility where they had the device, the person who answered the phone said it worked great but they hadn't seen it in action. I don't have much confidence with that reply.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It would be a 15 minute drive for me, as two local EMSs have it. Good to keep in mind.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I think we should all buy one for a just in case

@donnabrsd . What has happened that you suddenly need to remove the ring ?
Has the warmer weather made it a lot worse all of a sudden ?

I was thinking about just purchasing a device, but figured I'd go to a professional that has trained using it.
Warmer weather has made it worse but the reason to get it off is that I'm resetting my diamond and the process is going much quicker than anticipated.

Last edited:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!! If you’ve taken a break so your finger isn’t throbby - maybe try running your hand under cold water and then using bubbly soap?

I've been trying daily for the past week with ice, cold water, hand raised above my head and with most every soap and lube in my house. Hoping the diuretic and low sodium eating will help.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There’s a bunch of videos on how to remove a ring that’s stuck on your finger. Dental floss is too thin. I think the fact that this is wider and elastic has a higher probability that it would work. Good luck!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about just purchasing a device, but figured I'd go to a professional that has trained using it.
Warmer weather has made it worse but the reason to get it off is that I'm resetting my diamond and the process is going much quicker than anticipated.

Well phew its not some terrible immediate medical emergency
And you have a wee bit of time till your new ring gets here

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I have trouble with my large knuckles. Have you tried to put a band aid or two on it for compression for a day or so and see if that helps? Usually that reduces my finger size enough. And it’s noticeable too.
Good luck!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
There’s a bunch of videos on how to remove a ring that’s stuck on your finger. Dental floss is too thin. I think the fact that this is wider and elastic has a higher probability that it would work. Good luck!

I’ll see if I can find wider elastic to try. I tried thin ribbon but it got caught on the halo.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Well phew its not some terrible immediate medical emergency
And you have a wee bit of time till your new ring gets here

Just impatience. Emailed design on 5/31, had one CAD edit and received the wax today. I guess I could have the diamond removed with the ring still on my finger.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes I have trouble with my large knuckles. Have you tried to put a band aid or two on it for compression for a day or so and see if that helps? Usually that reduces my finger size enough. And it’s noticeable too.
Good luck!

I tried a bandage for an hour. I’ll try it for a day or two. Thanks.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ll see if I can find wider elastic to try. I tried thin ribbon but it got caught on the halo.

Let us know if it works. I pulled a ring off my finger a couple of days ago and now it’s very swollen. My setting is also coming soon so I’m feeling the pressure to get the swelling down.

Last edited:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know if it works. I pulled a ring off my finger a couple of days and now it’s very swollen. My setting is also coming soon so I’m feeling the pressure to get the swelling down.

Will do. Hope your swelling goes down soon.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try warming the ring (just the ring) after first chilling your hand. Heat will make the ring expand a bit, maybe just enough. I'd try wrapping a wet paper towel around the ring, wetting the paper towel with hot water (but not hot enough to scald you, of course), avoiding getting the finger wet. Repeat until the ring is warm.

Also, do it at a time of day when your hands are naturally less puffy. (My hands tend to be puffy early in the morning after I wake up.)

I use this hot water trick when I can't get a jar open-- I run hot water over the sides of the lid. The lid expands just a bit and then I can get it open.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their video is interesting.

Besides the actual usage of their device, they direct you to do several things before and during the actual removal.
I'd first try using all those suggestions, without their device.
Maybe that will work.

If not, you're not worse off than before.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've already tried dental floss, ice, windex, etc.

I'm wondering if a 1-1/2 hour drive each way to the closest location and $200 is worth a try.

I have a method, because my knuckles are slightly larger than my fingers and I sometimes do stupid things like try smaller rings on larger fingers.

The method is this: use some sort of lube/soap, then push from underneath, press the ring really hard against the underside of the finger and then wiggle in a motion left right but slighly on a diagonal if you get what I mean and keep advacing while doing this. If you press really hard underneath and get over some pain, it will eventually pass the knuckle.

Cool your finger down in cool water/some ice or raise your hand above your head to drain the blood out before attempting this, it will shrink and not be swollen.

Hope this helps.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Their video is interesting.

Besides the actual usage of their device, they direct you to do several things before and during the actual removal.
I'd first try using all those suggestions, without their device.
Maybe that will work.

If not, you're not worse off than before.

Thanks, Kenny. I've tried most but will continue different methods.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results