shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring on the Real Desperate Houswives of the OC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone see Lori''s ring last night? The real engagement ring? 5.25 CARATS!!!!! I couldn''t tell what shape...it was definitely elongated and brilliant cut, so not an EC. It was HUGE!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looked like a plain ol'' Tiffany round to me. Kinda meh for the size. That rich dude of hers: not so imaginative! And - ONLY KNOWN EACH OTHER SIX MONTHS ... LIVED TOGETHER THE WHOLE TIME. Can you smell TRAINWRECK?? I think that guy just wanted the publicity of rescuing Lauri from her struggles PUBLICLY. Oh lookie -- a new horse! A family vacation! A giant rock! I give it a year max.
20.gif

Did you catch JO looking down at her own EMPTY hand after peepin Lauri''s rock ... yeah, SORRY ... you have to LIVE in the guy''s house & raise his kids & stuff if you want to keep that 10 carat halo-d Canary!!!! That''s LIFE!
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally, Jo was jealous of the rock. I could swear it was elongated though, not a round. It will be interesting to see what's going on now - I saw a preview for the reunion next week...they look very different. I'm assuming almost a year has gone by?! Wonder if Lauri's still engaged, or married?

Still that rock was huge, and I'da taken it!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:04:28 PM
Author: decodelighted
Looked like a plain ol'' Tiffany round to me. Kinda meh for the size. That rich dude of hers: not so imaginative! And - ONLY KNOWN EACH OTHER SIX MONTHS ... LIVED TOGETHER THE WHOLE TIME. Can you smell TRAINWRECK?? I think that guy just wanted the publicity of rescuing Lauri from her struggles PUBLICLY. Oh lookie -- a new horse! A family vacation! A giant rock! I give it a year max.
20.gif

Did you catch JO looking down at her own EMPTY hand after peepin Lauri''s rock ... yeah, SORRY ... you have to LIVE in the guy''s house & raise his kids & stuff if you want to keep that 10 carat halo-d Canary!!!! That''s LIFE!
3.gif
LOL Deco!!! That is hilarious!!! It look like an rb to me, also. I just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago and it is so crazy!!! DH has serious issues with the show. He thinks it is so sad for the kids involved. And for poor Slade...Get a backbone my man!!! Ewwww and the skank he brought to the party...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:18:07 PM
Author: Miranda

20.gif

3.gif
LOL Deco!!! That is hilarious!!! It look like an rb to me, also. I just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago and it is so crazy!!! DH has serious issues with the show. He thinks it is so sad for the kids involved. And for poor Slade...Get a backbone my man!!! Ewwww and the skank he brought to the party...

POOR Slade? He is ultra creepy and manipulative IMO. I don''t feel bad for him AT ALL. He brought it upon himself by playing his little control routines with Jo. And bringing that girl to the party...that was just MEAN!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i dunno. at first i thought ec, then at the end, i thought for sure it was a rb. hum.

deco, don''t forget the cartier trinity & the benz....

uh, i so don''t like slade. yicko. i was waiting for him to show up at the bbq with the therapist...
did you all read at the end that jo is in la in her own apt. looking for a label and slade is moving into his own apt. in la and is her manager?!!
14.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:24:30 PM
Author: jcrow
did you all read at the end that jo is in la in her own apt. looking for a label and slade is moving into his own apt. in la and is her manager?!!
14.gif

HA!! Yes! So gross ... one thing I read today is that she''s the only child of folks who moved from Peru to California and WON LOTTO. Literally. Won ka-jillions of dollars. All of a sudden she and her weirdly entitled persona made a lot more sense to me.
20.gif

Slade ... CREEPO ... spineless CREEPO. What was the deal with his freaky COSTUME fetish? And that Eva Long-Whoria lookalike in streetwalker gear at a BBQ was hahahahaha-sterical!!! Yes, Slade -- we''re SO impressed! I mean, talking behind your back about Rent-A-Dates.
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that girl he brought was a therapist? looked like a hooker to me. I thought Jo had a ring on her right hand when she looked down after seeing Lauri''s ring. Lauri''s looked round. Can I just ask why all these women except Jo look like overly made up aging hookers or **** stars? I HATE that look with the huge lips and bleached hair. I have not really watched the show but George gave her a Cartier ring, a Benz...but she used to date Slade apparently. Do not know the ins and outs, but the dark haired one, was she the one that was super wealthy when she was married and is now divorced?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:31:03 PM
Author: diamondfan
that girl he brought was a therapist? looked like a hooker to me. I thought Jo had a ring on her right hand when she looked down after seeing Lauri's ring. Lauri's looked round. Can I just ask why all these women except Jo look like overly made up aging hookers or **** stars? I HATE that look with the huge lips and bleached hair. I have not really watched the show but George gave her a Cartier ring, a Benz...but she used to date Slade apparently. Do not know the ins and outs, but the dark haired one, was she the one that was super wealthy when she was married and is now divorced?

no she wasn't the therapist. i just wouldn't have been surprised had he brought her. they (he and therapist) seemed to have ganged up on jo all of a sudden during the session - which ended with jo and slade breaking up on-the-sofa-in-front-of-the-therapist. i just thought all that was just strange.

yes, there's a dark haired lady who was married to Duff (i think) and they were very wealthy but lost the money - or something like that.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:19:55 PM
Author: neatfreak

20.gif

3.gif

POOR Slade? He is ultra creepy and manipulative IMO. I don''t feel bad for him AT ALL. He brought it upon himself by playing his little control routines with Jo. And bringing that girl to the party...that was just MEAN!
hahaha!! I was being sarcastic. LOL!!! I don''t really feel sorry for the him. He and Jo remind me of high school love/hate dramatic relationships. Isn''t he a parent? Grow up fool! What some people will do to be on TV.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:30:44 PM

Date: 3/14/2007 5:24:30 PM
Author: jcrow
14.gif

HA!! Yes! So gross ... one thing I read today is that she''s the only child of folks who moved from Peru to California and WON LOTTO. Literally. Won ka-jillions of dollars. All of a sudden she and her weirdly entitled persona made a lot more sense to me.
20.gif

Slade ... CREEPO ... spineless CREEPO. What was the deal with his freaky COSTUME fetish? And that Eva Long-Whoria lookalike in streetwalker gear at a BBQ was hahahahaha-sterical!!! Yes, Slade -- we''re SO impressed! I mean, talking behind your back about Rent-A-Dates.
31.gif
really? lotto money? wow.
40.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I posted in another thread about how I live 1 mile from Coto de Caza (where this show is taped), so I watch this show because I like to see my hangouts on TV. Sometimes I shudder to think about the image of affluence and snobbishness that these people portray on TV. I think their relationships and ostentacious ways are real, but hopefully exaggerated, I HOPE the brattiness and laziness of their kids are being over-dramatized. My toddlers (4 and 2) will be going to school in this area, and we were even going to put them in the private school, but after seeing the teens from this show, I''m re-thinking my choice of living location.

I know there are lots of women who are just like these housewives on this show because I see them at the stores, gym etc, and believe me....it is hard not to compare myself to these skinny, blond, perky-boobed, tennis-playing moms. I work in the same neighborhood, and when I go to lunch, all I see are bunches of SAHM''s with their kids and nannies, gathered at Burger King or Starbucks, and it sucks that they can sit and chat in the sun all day while I have to WORK!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Oops, sorry to rant about non-important things, and vent about having to make a living. Lauri''s ring (from what I saw on TV) was a RB Tiffany & Co Solitaire.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:31:03 PM
that girl he brought was a therapist? looked like a hooker to me. I thought Jo had a ring on her right hand when she looked down after seeing Lauri''s ring. Lauri''s looked round. Can I just ask why all these women except Jo look like overly made up aging hookers or **** stars? I HATE that look with the huge lips and bleached hair. I have not really watched the show but George gave her a Cartier ring, a Benz...but she used to date Slade apparently. Do not know the ins and outs, but the dark haired one, was she the one that was super wealthy when she was married and is now divorced?
my dh and I were watching a show about the newscaster with the weird hand/foot bone fusing disorder and her two children both with it... anyway, she was on all while dh was growing up down in SD and I knew her too and she was soooo pretty.... she had the most beautiful lips... and now she looks horrrrrrrible!!!!!! She''s had so much stretching and plastic insertion - her lips look like they were stung by bees, they literally roll over and bounce when she talks, it''s horrid - and her hair is almost white it is so bleached out and she''s so tanned and soooo skinny - she looks just gross and its such a shame because she was such a pretty woman....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that too, Bree Walker. I used to think she was so pretty and she looks odd somehow now, her face looks like so plastic...almost freakish...I just think it looks sooooo yucky...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is sad...Lauri on the show looks very plastic and scary faced to me. I think getting older and the wrinkles that come with it are much better than scary plastic face.

I was sad to see that Priscilla Presley has also succumbed to plastic surgery, and she looks VERY SCARY. So, so sad. She was beautiful. Now...freak show. Ick.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 7:06:34 PM
I saw that too, Bree Walker. I used to think she was so pretty and she looks odd somehow now, her face looks like so plastic...almost freakish...I just think it looks sooooo yucky...

I saw this, too, and thought the same thing! We can''t all be wrong....;-)

Wouldn''t it be funny if Lauri lurked on this forum?
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She was lovely back in the day. Now, that look, that over botoxed, collagen lipped, overly made up face with big bleached hair, it just look drag queenish to me. Not graceful aging that is for sure.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
It really is a shame-when they showed flashbacks of her, she was just stunning.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:35:55 PM
Date: 3/14/2007 5:19:55 PM

Author: neatfreak

20.gif

3.gif

hahaha!! I was being sarcastic. LOL!!! I don''t really feel sorry for the him. He and Jo remind me of high school love/hate dramatic relationships. Isn''t he a parent? Grow up fool! What some people will do to be on TV.

~~I so agree...I felt like Slade was always trying to make Jo feel bad about something (cooking, moving out on her own, wanting to work, etc...). I actually liked Lauri''s ring...It''s a 5 carat rb, & it was sparkly as all get out!!! I really hope she and George make the marriage thing work...he treats her really well from what I can tell.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did Lauri meet George? She dated Slade for a time as well, and I never saw how they met.

The kids are, for the most part on the episodes I have seen, are just brats, spoiled and entitled. The one girl who is more rebellious, (I read about her on the show site) might be okay, but some of them are just revolting to me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 7:28:58 PM
Author: FireGoddess
It is sad...Lauri on the show looks very plastic and scary faced to me. I think getting older and the wrinkles that come with it are much better than scary plastic face.

I was sad to see that Priscilla Presley has also succumbed to plastic surgery, and she looks VERY SCARY. So, so sad. She was beautiful. Now...freak show. Ick.
yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!! au natural is so much better!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not know why some women do this to themselves. Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, both of them look great and not TOO surgerized. There is a very cheap look, with these women who do not want to get older, and they tend to go big on the lips, hair and make up and they look just so fake to me...do they really think they look BETTER THIS way?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:40:15 AM
How did Lauri meet George? She dated Slade for a time as well, and I never saw how they met.

The kids are, for the most part on the episodes I have seen, are just brats, spoiled and entitled. The one girl who is more rebellious, (I read about her on the show site) might be okay, but some of them are just revolting to me.
Lauri & George met on a blind date. I think that Slade and Lauri dated v. briefly.

I watch this show all too often- it''s so hoffifyingly good!

Tammy and Duff were never married, but "together" for 10 years and have a 4 year old son together. Before Duff, Tammy was married to Lew- they "had" a ton of money. Clearly they never really had it, because it was tied up in a business and they lost it.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 12:40:15 AM

It''s amazing how many of them haven''t gone to college/are barely scraping by with low GPAs/lack any sense of grace or perceptiveness regarding other people''s feelings.

I am, much to my horror, riveted to the set when this is on, in much the same way I was with Dr 90210. There is something about these tacky caricatures that makes for compulsive viewing.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The kids are really ridiculous. I think Jeana''s daughter is sweet and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. But Lauri''s older daughter needs a slap in the face? Hello...living in a condo rent free and can''t manage to keep the cat crap off the floor? I mean, please!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 3:07:36 PM
Author: FireGoddess
The kids are really ridiculous. I think Jeana''s daughter is sweet and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. But Lauri''s older daughter needs a slap in the face? Hello...living in a condo rent free and can''t manage to keep the cat crap off the floor? I mean, please!

~~I know!!! I mean I would
30.gif
to live in that condo...I would pay rent, & keep it clean!!!!
2.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Lauri''s (or is it Lori''s) daughter seems to be pretty sharp, too. She at least works in her mother''s insurance office. She and her boyfriend are apparently abstaining until marriage, which I think is probably very unusual in that area, but I could be wrong. She seems to know what she wants, has good priorities and knows how to work.

Slade is repulsive. I think left on her own, Jo would mature and become a very self sufficient, secure person in her own right, but Slade uses his money to bind her to him. I can''t believe he''s moving into an apartment in LA and managing her career. She should have run far, far away and gotten an unlisted number, LOL! Unfortunately, I''d be willing to bet Slade is financing her "music career" but she should shut him and his money out. If she has any talant, he''ll ruin any chance of a career because if she succeeds she won''t need him. He is just nasty gross on so many, many levels.
emotion-41.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just get into the show in bits and pieces, and wanted to know how Slade got his money? Was he actually engaged to Jo, with a ring and everything?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 12:39:57 AM
I just get into the show in bits and pieces, and wanted to know how Slade got his money? Was he actually engaged to Jo, with a ring and everything?
Not sure how he got his $$, but he did give Jo a huge yellow diamond engagement ring, which she no longer has.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results