shape
carat
color
clarity

ring AND GIFT?1?!? need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
I have a question to ask.

I am going to propose to my girlfriend in early December, but I want to give her something, besides the ring, to remember the day by. I have a few ideas, but would like input or additonal ideas. Or I want to know if you think it is not worth it and to concentrate on the ring or put the extra few dollors towards the stone.

ideas are as follows. I was thinking of getting a nice ringbox (www.salmonstone.com) to put her engagement ring and her wedding band in. But i can do that for the wedding and make that ring equally as special as the engagment ring. Next idea was to customize a pillow, either order one with our picture or embroider our song on it, or make it myself. Third idea is similar to second, but to do a blanket/throw.

I am proposing at a special spot for both of us, would it be nice to have a nice photograph of that framed?

I need advice from the female point of view, would you really care if you got a nice pillow to remember the engagement by when in reality you got the ring. My girlfriend is not all about the ring. We went shopping for them and she picked out a modest tension set (my icon symbol) but doesnt want a large stone.

please help. have lots of time till the big day, but i want all the details to be perfect.

thanks.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my opinion.

Ring box: leave until the wedding
Pillow: Possible, as you can use this same pillow for your little ring bearer to hold onto during the ceremony. It will have sentimental value. If you make it a powder blue pillow she can use it for her Something Blue, Something Borrowed, Something New
Blanket/Throw: if your proposing at your special spot, would you be able to use it? ie..sitting on grass for picnic. If not, I say nah.

I agree with you on the photograph. That would be special. Here''s a couple of suggestions thatI can think of:

What about a nice engraved frame for that photograph?
How about engraving the ring with a special saying or date?
Engraved champagne glasses? You can give her the champagne glasses to her to open, then pop out the bubbly after she says ''yes''.

Good luck!

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice....
the only problem with the photo idea is that it is sort of a destination proposal.... it is her hometown and i am flying her out there then proposing. so i will not be able to get a picture ahead of time.

i like the champange flute idea. they can be used at the wedding as well. the proposal is going to be an outdoor event in front of family from both sides, so they can hold the bubbly or and even the gift, as i dont want her to see me with a box.. might give it away....

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Does your girlfriend wear/like jewelry?? If so, then I suggest that you buy her a charm bracelet, or a necklace that can be engraved... Something like that she will also be able to kep forever, and remember the day by. You can also add charms to the charm bracelet as the years go by!!
2.gif

Maybe something like this...
Heart Charm Bracelet

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of the blanket, especially if oyu can lay it out for a picnic blanket where you will be proposing.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2005 3:38:06 PM
Author:mjboone13

I am proposing at a special spot for both of us, would it be nice to have a nice photograph of that framed?
Definitely!
9.gif

oh well... you may count one more vote for it.

Btw. it is farely easy these days to have artistic photographs done on anything - even after your own shots. I love such photography, even if I am not fond of photos in general.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Well thank you for all of the input.

I have it narrowed down to either an champange bottle with engraved champagne flutes or a nice print that is framed.

Since this is a destination proposal, i thought i could get a friend to come into our place while we are gone and hang the print, so it iwll be a suprise when we get back.

If i do the champagne flutes/bottle, i would have it with me at the place then maybe while she is opening, pull out the ring.....

i will include the picture of the place i am thinking of doing it, it is in Lake Tahoe. Very beautiful.

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Here is the lookout point.

emerald_bay_eagle_falls.jpg

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Here is the painting.

laketahoepainting.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet! Your gf is lucky to have such a thoughtful guy!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! All the best. Let us know how it went
1.gif

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
Thank you.... It is actually in about 10 weeks.... but i want to make sure everything is planned ahead of time so i am not adding more stress at the last minute. So I am ordering the ring this weekend, and then waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results