shape
carat
color
clarity

Richard Homer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissingSeattle

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Does anyone have a Richard Homer sapphire? I am thinking about getting a 6.5mm round from him. I have never seen one in person but he is supposed to be one of the best. For anyone who has one or has seen one in person, do his gems seem to sparkle more? They all have a different faceting. It looks to me almost like a starburst effect?

What are your thought?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a link to a thread which Richard Homer recut a blue sapphire for me.

Wink and I were really happy with the results.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/23/2006 10:57:33 AM
Author:MissingSeattle
Hi All,
Does anyone have a Richard Homer sapphire? I am thinking about getting a 6.5mm round from him. I have never seen one in person but he is supposed to be one of the best. For anyone who has one or has seen one in person, do his gems seem to sparkle more? They all have a different faceting. It looks to me almost like a starburst effect?

What are your thought?
My Avatar is an unheated 5.2ct Burma saphire I had Richard do a recut on.

Regards,
Maurice

Pokey

Rough_Rock
I''m engaged in the process of buying a chrome tourmaline from him right now. He couldn''t be better to work with and the concave faceting tends to look fake and class-ring-y and cheesy in photographs, but it looks like a shattered mirror reflecting a fire in person. I highly recommend it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
also, check out Mine''s avatar: it is a spessartite that richard home cut and i know she absolutely adores it.

movie zombie

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I am HUGE Richard Homer Fan as MZ says. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my spess. I admit that I have seen some concaves that do look gimiky, just as Pokey pointed out, but Richards are not ..IMO.. But I love Richards Stuff! He is a just an amazing artist!! I highly recommend him and his work!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
We are in posession of a beautiful 6.1mm round Richard cut. It sparkles like mad, and amuses me greatly. The colour is really quite beautiful. It is being sent out soon to be set into my wedding ring. Richard made several recommendations based on the design of the ring to be manufactured, and we ended up choosing one of those stones. My recommendation to you is that you send him a pic of what you'd like to see in your ring - this will greatly aid in selection of a stone.

This sapphire was not our first purchase from Richard. He cut me a marvelous pair of Zambian amethysts last year sometime. He is a dream to work with, a gentleman and honourable.

Edited to add: Sorry - I just assumed you were having it set in a ring. I do highly recommend talking with Richard about the setting you want for the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results