shape
carat
color
clarity

reviews: Bloom Fresco Loft baby high chair

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
anyone have this or know of someone else who has it who told you about it?

It certainly looks cool, but am wondering how practical it is. the reviews I've read so far seem to be equally split between people loving or hating it.

noelwrbloom.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I know several people with the Boon flair which is very similar and they LOVE it, like seriously LOVE it. If B was younger we would have gotten a Flair...but since he's 2 it didn't seem worth it. I know that Tacori E-ring on PS has one and LOVES it.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own it but what about the Flair instead? This one reclines and since Skye won't need to recline for long (or at all) and you're one and done, maybe do the cheaper chair?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, it sounds like the Boon Flair is very easy to clean!

(ETA: yikes, my stupid country doesn't sell the Flair. I think I have to order it from Spain or something :rolleyes: )

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have it - not the loft version but the lower one.

Honestly, if I was to start again I would buy the Stokke Tripp Trapp.

It was great when she was tiny as she slept in it all the time and it reclines really well. Then it was a problem for eating as she's so small and the tray height came to under her chin so we had to stuff loads of cushions under her so that she could actually see her food.

Then she went through a phase where she didn't want to go in it. Now she does and likes it - hence why I haven't sold it and bought the Tripp Trapp.

It's actually not that easy to clean as there are lots of bits for food to get stuck in and the seat pad washes really badly (although you can buy new ones).

Hope that helps.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I suggest a $25 high chair from IKEA ;))

My friend has the flair and it is always filthy... the cushions just gobble up food and seem hard to clean.

I like a solid surface chair. We have the HiLo chair and it is quite functional. Hunter still sits in it now at over 2 years, as it is a booster in addition to a highchair. Here it is: http://www.agedesign.ca/

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I have the kinderzeat (older version of the tripp trapp). LOVE it. It is great because it grows with the child.... my 4 year old still uses it today and if I wanted to sit in it I could (would have to adjust the footrest for me, but it can hold an adult!). It is truly a great chair. I have a black wood kitchen set and have a black kinderzeat and it blends right in. I love it and it is easy to keep clean. I've had it for 5 years and it's been used daily by 2 kids. I use mine starting at around 12-15 months because I have no tray with mine (tripp trapp has the tray so can be used earlier) and goes up to the table.
This looks more high chair to me- I just don't think the longevity is there.
I am on baby #3 right now and getting something that will attach to the kitchen chair (probably the FP space saver) to get us through until she's old enough for the stokke. I had the regular high chair when the other 2 were young and it was a pain and stuck out in my kitchen like a sore thumb. Annoying.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to be the devil's advocate and say that an expensive high chair is not a necessity. We thought about going with the Boon, but I'm very happy I didn't.

We got one that matches our table and chairs, similar to the Stokke, but a third the price. Total with shipping was about $120, but I have friends that have paid much less and are perfectly satisfied.

Just saying...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
meresal|1304738102|2914549 said:
I'm going to be the devil's advocate and say that an expensive high chair is not a necessity. We thought about going with the Boon, but I'm very happy I didn't.

We got one that matches our table and chairs, similar to the Stokke, but a third the price. Total with shipping was about $120, but I have friends that have paid much less and are perfectly satisfied.

Just saying...

Hey, I suggested a $25 chair from IKEA 8)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, we almost went with the Ikea ones that were $19! Maybe they are more expensive now... lol

Totally on the same wave-length though! :cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
meresal|1304783745|2914785 said:
Dreamer, we almost went with the Ikea ones that were $19! Maybe they are more expensive now... lol

Totally on the same wave-length though! :cheeky:

We bought an expensive chair but it was on sale for half price. I like it, but in the end the sheaper alternative would have worked just fine.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
We're getting the $20 Ikea highchair too. Our trip to Ikea is planned for the next few weeks but I'm hoping to find it on CL before then for even less than $20 :cheeky:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I will say that I got my Bloom for a song on eBay and it was only 6 weeks old (belonged to a Lebanese diplomat who was suddenly being shipped back to Lebanon and was selling everything off asap to avoid having to ship). The resale value here is great so I will probably make my money back when I do sell it (with a new seat cushion).

I am a HUGE Stokke fan - I have the Xplory and the Sleepi so I think the Tripp Trapp is a definite for me in the not too distant future. My brother and his wife have one and they sit on it as much as their kid does. Again I'll be hitting eBay for one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results