shape
carat
color
clarity

Review the Rock w/ ASET, Sarin, Reports

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
I had WF bring in a 1.04 ct Princess. What are your thoughts on the performance? I'm confused by the Sarin report, it appears the girdle is reported differently in the table as opposed to the image below. Let me know what you think!

CI_GIA2131195747.jpg

Sarin_GIA2131195747.jpg

AST_GIA2131195747.png

IS_GIA2131195747.png

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow I think you got super lucky with a virtual stone here. it looks really nice! I'm not sure about girdle...might be measured differently, or scanner error?

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
The sarin is weird, correct? Why do you say I got super lucky with the virtual stone? Interested to hear everyone's perspective!

I must also say, I may not understand these images to a large degree but I do owe you guys a big hug for all the information I've been able to find here.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think you got lucky because the ASET looks very nice!

what did WF say about this diamond? Will it qualify for any upgrade policies?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a bright stone :)) ditto slg, be sure to get any upgrade policies etc. printed on the invoice.

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
I've read some of the ASET image information. I thought green light and black spots are bad? The diamond has a significant black spot in the center and around three of the edges. Any input?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anomalant|1303874379|2905958 said:
I've read some of the ASET image information. I thought green light and black spots are bad? The diamond has a significant black spot in the center and around three of the edges. Any input?

Green isn't bad, just symbolises light entry from an oblique angle (usually less bright). Balance of black/colour is a good thing - black is obstruction (facets reflecting what is directly in front of them - you) - provides contrast, which is important for apparent brightness (like a chessboard looks brighter, bolder, and more interesting than an objectively "brighter" plain sheet of white paper)

Looks like a nice princess, all in all

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, you're never going to get ALL red. this princess has a fair amount of red, so looks good. I think I like the smaller table ACAs better in terms of patterning, but this princess seems like it will be very nice. It is also common with princess cuts to have black spot in the middle

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info! I've sent an e-mail to whiteflash asking them to correct the sarin report. This whole process makes me a bit nervous. The first time I walked into a jeweler I was sick to my stomach. Maybe it was what I ate the night before...? :) Any more input about how I did good would also be nice haha! :appl: Thanks again.

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
New sarin report, you guys still feel the same? :D She also said I qualified for the lifetime upgrade.

Sarin_GIA2131195747_B.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1303875872|2905984 said:

Green isn't bad, just symbolises light entry from an oblique angle (usually less bright). Balance of black/colour is a good thing - black is obstruction (facets reflecting what is directly in front of them - you) - provides contrast, which is important for apparent brightness (like a chessboard looks brighter, bolder, and more interesting than an objectively "brighter" plain sheet of white paper)

Yssie, may I make a small correction? In a correct ASET-setup, blue is obstruction, and in a non-backlit-setup, black generally is leakage. It could be that black is also obstruction, when the blue part of the ASET is drilled out for easier photographing, but in context with the ideal-scope, it is clearly leakage in this case.

Wink

Anomalant

Rough_Rock
Wink, would you still consider this a diamond that performs well? More importantly is that black hole indication of a problem?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1303923512|2906287 said:

Yssie, may I make a small correction? In a correct ASET-setup, blue is obstruction, and in a non-backlit-setup, black generally is leakage. It could be that black is also obstruction, when the blue part of the ASET is drilled out for easier photographing, but in context with the ideal-scope, it is clearly leakage in this case.

Wink

Wow. How embarrassing. Yes, of course you are right Wink ;( Not sure what I was thinking there!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Anomalant|1303925560|2906316 said:
Wink, would you still consider this a diamond that performs well? More importantly is that black hole indication of a problem?

this 'black hole' is evident in many princess cuts (and many AGS0s!) the new small table ACAs do not have this region. I think overall this princess looks really nice

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wink can't comment on the quality of the diamond because he is a vendor, and the diamond is being offered by a different vendor.

IMO this seems to be a decent princess cut. The only way to get a guaranteed well cut princess is to go with an AGS0 graded princess, or perhaps consider a solasfera princess cut, which is a brand that to my eye, blows all other princess cuts out of the water in terms of optics.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Anomalant,

I can only answer your question in general.

The average cut-quality of princess-cuts is very low and the production of top-quality princess-cuts is extremely difficult. In my opinion you have found a stone well above-average and even relatively rare.

To know for sure how that center will look in real life you will have to see it for yourself. I am thinking that it will look very nice and the leakage in the center will add a touch of contrast since it is not overly large. However, I would never deign to speak for your eyes with my eyes. You really need to arrange to see this diamond yourself. You will know pretty much instantly if it makes your eyes happy.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1303936783|2906463 said:
Wink|1303923512|2906287 said:

Wink

Wow. How embarrassing. Yes, of course you are right Wink ;( Not sure what I was thinking there!

I knew that you knew and you got most of the important parts correct, the fine points of the ASET are not well known by many, in fact you know more than most jewelers. Your posts are very helpful to many people and no one is going to hold a minor slip like that against you!

Keep up the good work!

Wink

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to hold it against you Yssie. I am totally disillusioned now.

:tongue: :cheeky: :rodent: :shock:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cheers, wink ;))

dreamer... eh. I know you're from that canadia place. 'nuff said. :devil:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1303977840|2906889 said:
cheers, wink ;))

dreamer... eh. I know you're from that canadia place. 'nuff said. :devil:

Yes, we are known for being very judgemental.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results