shape
carat
color
clarity

Review of a stone please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greenstarfish - if I were your girlfriend I would like it
emotion-5.gif
!!!

I know very little about the numbers but it looks like a pretty stone and the HCA was good AND...the price seems pretty good. I say buy it and return it if not happy.

greenstarfish

Rough_Rock
How do I find an independent appraiser in my area? and how much would I expect to pay for the appraisal? I looked on pricescope and there was only one in Michigan and he is pretty far away. I live in Fenton MI.

So at the price I''m paying and the specs I gave you there aren''t any major red flags that says I should avoid this diamond then right unless the appraisal doesn''t check out correct?

Thanks again for all of your help.

greenstarfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks tyty333. I think that is what I''m going to do. The HCA is what pushed me over the edge I think on this one.

Phil34

Rough_Rock
Is this stone "in-house" with Union Diamond?

The reason I ask is that I was recently on here searching for a stone and was looking with a bunch of different vendors simultaneously, including UD. I''ll second what you said about the person I dealt with at UD being very helpful and responsive, and they even found the stone that I ended up buying. It was not, however, an in-house stone and a separate vendor (USACerted) also found and offered me the exact same stone for a few hundred dollars less -- I was not playing one against the other, they both happened to find the same stone and offered it at a different price. So, I''d say if this isn''t an "in-house" stone, you might want to see what price some of the other drop-shipping vendors are offering it at.

My stone also had very similar specs to yours, so if you want to compare here they are:

GIA CERT
1.54 ct
7.46-7.50 x 4.55 mm
60.8% depth
58% table
14% crown (33 angle)
43.5% pavilion (41.2 angle)
medium girdle
polish excellent
symmetry excellent
cut excellent
culet none
clarity SI1
color grade J
fluorescence: none
$6,150

greenstarfish

Rough_Rock
Phil34

That is interesting info. Do you mind sharing what vendors offered u the stone for less and what UD offered it at? Seems like it is worth haggling over price some for a few hundred dollars. My exact price was $6012. I believe this was not in house. I looked at an in house diamond that was similar but it didn''t rate as high on the HCA as this stone so I went w/ this one.

That is funny we were looking for almost the same stone at the same time. Your stone looks very nice. Did you end up getting it at UD? Who did you work with? I worked w/ Leah. She was great and I would recommend her to anyone.

Phil34

Rough_Rock
I don''t remember the exact price that UD offered the stone at, other than that it was ~$200 higher. I was working with Leah as well, and as I said before, I would recommend her too; she was very good and super responsive. The only reason I did not go with Leah and UD was the price. I should add that I did not go back to UD and ask them to match or do better on the price, they may very well have been willing to do that. I''m not good at haggling though and it makes me somewhat uncomfortable, plus I thought the other price was fair from looking at comparable diamonds. The vendor I ended up purchasing from was www.USACertedDiamonds.com, and I worked with Martin there (I think he may be the only one actually -- seems like a one man operation). Martin was very good also, although he was sometimes a little bit slower to respond. Phone seemed to work better than email.

The only other thing I would add is that in addition to doing searches on your own, if you haven''t already, just give the specs for what you''re looking for to UD, USACerted or whoever else and have them do some searching for you. I found they''ll often turn up some stones that you didn''t find. That was certainly the case for me, including the stone I ended up buying.

greenstarfish

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I received the stone from UD the other day and the process was flawless. They did everything I would have expected them to do. The mounting and the stone look beautiful. To be honest I couldn''t have asked for a nicer looking stone. If I would have paid more for a better color or cert. it would have been a waste of money to me.

I am no diamond expert by no means, but I did do a ton of research and look at many stones locally before I purchased this one and this is a nicer stone then I looked at else where for a better price. The cut is evident it really sparkles, with good size, and it is totaly eye clean. I couldn''t find any inclusions w/ a magnifying glass, but I haven''t looked closer yet. To me the color is nice and white. That was my only question going in, but I like it and I don''t have any issues w/ the color.

That being said I still need to get an independent appraisal, but I haven''t been able to find anyone locally yet.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results