shape
carat
color
clarity

Returned the diamond band...

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
So after much thinking, I realized that the double-bling look (diamond band on engagement ring and diamond wedding band) was a bit too much for me. I think if my setting were pave I wouldn't have minded two diamond bands, but with the channel set it definitely felt like too much. I had 100 days to return my diamond band to the store, so I did that after 2 weeks of "sleeping on it."

As some of you may have read, I had a bit of drama when trying to find a plain white gold band because they didn't have anything in the store that I liked and the lady thought I was nuts. I just knew what I wanted. A 2mm white gold band that is the same thickness (height wise, as in how it stands off the finger) as my engagement ring.

I ended up not buying from them but instead getting it custom cast by a custom jeweler nearby. It was perfect first shot. I probably spent all of 10 minutes in their store total for both trips-- the one to commission the piece and the other to pick it up. It was so easy and painless.

It's perfect! I love it! And it doesn't hurt that it was $1,400 less than the diamond band ;-)

I think it sets off the engagement ring perfectly :)

(p.s. ignore my ugly nails, I got a manicure minutes after this picture was taken)

photo-4.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I missed your other thread but I love this look! I'm a sucker for the diamond ring/plain ring combo. Just gorgeous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this look too with a diamond band and a metal band. Something about the contrast that appeals to me.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I like the contrast too!! It looks great.

Funny about the lady thinking you are nuts.... I have been shopping for a 2mm plain WG ring over the last 2 weeks and even though I have tried on DOZENS, I cant find one that sits as high as my e-ring (as thick I guess). I even ordered 3 different bands online. I have figured out that it needs to be a 'flat' style band, just cant find one that sits high enough. I want it 2mm BUT AS HIGH AS MY E-RING. The sales girls think I am crazy.

My next step is to go custom...I am waiting on a quote form WF. Seems silly (like I should be able to find this!!).

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell that you arent the only one :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely!! I think the contrast really highlights your beautiful center stone. I'm glad you were able to get the perfect ring for your set!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber|1302355344|2891870 said:
I like the contrast too!! It looks great.

Funny about the lady thinking you are nuts.... I have been shopping for a 2mm plain WG ring over the last 2 weeks and even though I have tried on DOZENS, I cant find one that sits as high as my e-ring (as thick I guess). I even ordered 3 different bands online. I have figured out that it needs to be a 'flat' style band, just cant find one that sits high enough. I want it 2mm BUT AS HIGH AS MY E-RING. The sales girls think I am crazy.

My next step is to go custom...I am waiting on a quote form WF. Seems silly (like I should be able to find this!!).

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell that you arent the only one :lol:

It's honestly good to hear! My e-ring doesn't even really sit up that high, but it seemed like an impossible feat! It's also hard because most places have a tiny plain band selection compared to their diamond band selection.

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I love the contrast too. My favorite look is plain e-ring, diamond w-band or diamond e-ring, plain w-band :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous! Glad you got what you want!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Great choice mrswahs! Your set is adorable! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
i also love a plain wedding band :) it looks great with your ering and I'm glad you finally were able to get what you wanted!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
It looks awesome! I love the plain wedding band look too, however, my e-ring is a three stone asscher. I ended up ordering mine from e-wedding bands, comfort fit thick 2mm, and it matches the height of my ering very well. The profiles aren't exactly the same, but close enough for me.

The plain band doesn't compete with your center stone--lets it show off :appl:

BoulderGal

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results