shape
carat
color
clarity

Retirement, who''s invited.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
My husband is retiring after 26 years in military and the retirement ceremony (I forgot the correct term to use) is in December. For those of you who have gone through it, who was invited. Did your husband kept it small with just you and your kids or with friends and DH parents? Thanks for you input.

Jen

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to your husband! My family has not gone though that, but a friend of mine''s dad retired from the military a couple years ago. I believe it was just their immediate family, but his siblings live far away, and most of his close friends were co-workers. Sorry I can''t be of much help, but I did want to congratulate your husband and thank him (and your family) for his years of service!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 10:36:43 PM
Author: Elmorton
Congratulations to your husband! My family has not gone though that, but a friend of mine''s dad retired from the military a couple years ago. I believe it was just their immediate family, but his siblings live far away, and most of his close friends were co-workers. Sorry I can''t be of much help, but I did want to congratulate your husband and thank him (and your family) for his years of service!
Hi Elmorton,

:) Thank you very much. I will sure to let him know. The reason why I''m asking is if it just us (me and my daughter) then I don''t have to invite anyone else. Otherwise, I better invite them soon, as it involves air travel.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 10:52:50 PM
Author: hibiscus
Date: 10/17/2008 10:36:43 PM

Author: Elmorton

Hi Elmorton,

:) Thank you very much. I will sure to let him know. The reason why I''m asking is if it just us (me and my daughter) then I don''t have to invite anyone else. Otherwise, I better invite them soon, as it involves air travel.

Can''t you just ask your husband? Or is this supposed to be a surprise?

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Suppose to be a surprise if its a norm to invite the entire world.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Ours, for my Dad, was immediate family and all of his buddies that were still in the Navy. It was such a touching ceremony. They ragged on him, of course, but there were tears from every corner as they spoke about his life in the Navy. Meeting my Mom, having us kids, etc. Whoever is there, make sure you bring tissues. And congrats for such a long haul. The military life ain''t easy sometimes.

Cheers

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 3:13:32 AM
Author: cellososweet
Ours, for my Dad, was immediate family and all of his buddies that were still in the Navy. It was such a touching ceremony. They ragged on him, of course, but there were tears from every corner as they spoke about his life in the Navy. Meeting my Mom, having us kids, etc. Whoever is there, make sure you bring tissues. And congrats for such a long haul. The military life ain''t easy sometimes.

Cheers
Cellososweet,
Thank you. I''ll make sure we''ll bring enough tissues. It isn''t, that''s for sure. I should send out invites to his marines buddies that have retired soon.
Hope your weekend is going great!

ps.Thank you to your dad and family for his service too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results