carat
color
clarity

Retinol Free Wrinkle Creams

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone,
I am currently trying to have another baby. Last time I was pregnant I wasn't using any wrinkle treatments but now I am. I cannot seem to find any good creams for face or eyes that don't have "no no" ingredients for pregnant women. I don't really feel like I can afford to use nothing for such an extended period of time. Has anyone found anything that they used during pregnancy?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd just use regular lotion... if it doesn't have retinoids or retinol it's not really going to be doing anything anti-wrinkle anyway.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried a vitamin c serum? Also, Sweetsations Therapy is a pregnancy skin care line that you may want to try. I tried a few of their products a few years ago. Alternatively, would cosmetic acupuncture be something you would consider? I went to an acupuncturist for fertility acupuncture, and she put around 10 needles in my face as well since I mentioned I was interested in cosmetic acupuncture. We didn't do the full treatment on my face (which would have been ALOT more needles) since we wanted to keep the qi focused on my uterus. However, I noticed a difference in my skin with the few needles she used. I stopped using my facial serum in August, and my skin looks and feels noticeably better now than it did before. Fine lines aren't as noticeable or are gone, hyperpigmentation is better, and my skin feels smoother. I don't plan on using anything on my face in my first trimester now. After that, I'm going to talk to my acupuncturist and OB about using a vitamin c serum and doing a light touch up treatment with a few needles. The needles are smaller than regular acupuncture needles. I should also say that this is something you would do BEFORE you got pregnant. If you're already pregnant, I definitely wouldn't try it in your first trimester and would discuss it with your OB and acupuncturist after that.

I also started a thread a few years ago called "pregnancy skin care." You might want to do a search. I think several women just used a Clarisonic.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the Belli skin care brand. They have a pregnancy and post-birth/motherhood line. I've been using their anti-blemish cleanser for several years now, and it's the best cleanser I've ever used. I started using their pre-treatment scrub every few days when I need extra exfoliation, and that's great too. I think they recently introduced a pregnancy facial lotion too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results