shape
carat
color
clarity

Retinoid that doesn’t burn my face!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a new prescription retinoid that is very gentle on the face. It’s called Altreno. It is .05 Tretinoin which is the same ingredient as Retin A. Over the years, I have tried Retin A at varying strengths and could never tolerate it enough to make it a part of my daily routine. I looked up all of the advice on how to start it slowly and still my face became an inflamed mess. I haven’t had any of these problems with Altreno.

It is indicated for adult acne, of course, but Tretinoin has been used for anti-aging for many years.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have used tretinoin since I was 25 and now I’m 60. I swear by it! Luckily I can tolerate it with no side effects. Roc makes a nice retinoid cream that’s non prescription.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely misread this haha. That's awesome that you found something that works! I have sensitive skin, so I'm going to look it up.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the products by The Ordinary, a no-frills skin care company. You can find them online or on Amazon

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm using Differin Adapalene gel, which is an OTC retinoid used for acne. It's a 3rd generation retinoid, and used off label as an aging/wrinkle/rosacea treatment. It is much easier to tolerate than Retin A. It's very inexpensive.

I have rosacea. It looks like someone slapped my cheeks. Most cosmetics and sunscreens cause pain and redness. Differin is completely comfortable. My skin is looking better already. No pain, no redness - it's a miracle

Dr. Dray on YouTube has several videos on it, if you want more information.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Micro-tret is also supposedly better tolerated since it is slow release.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results