shape
carat
color
clarity

Retail Therapy.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I was able to take a break from the hospital the other day. I ran downtown just to get a breath of fresh air and be amongst the living for a a couple of hours. It felt so good just to be outside. For the past 11 days I have been staying with my husband at UCSF while he underwent a pancreas resection, spleendectomy and an autotransplantation of islet cells into his liver. It has been an exhausting and draining time.

I only had a couple of hours and I knew that I wanted to buy something that made me smile. My first stop was Neiman Marcus. I had the SA take out two bags. The Manhattan GM and the Epi Sac Plat in black. The SA then said, "Roppongi, I know that you have the following bags...." she then listed all of the bags that she has seen me carry. She said, "you are definitely a Sac Plat girl." Sold. I then went to Shreve and tried on the Cartier Chronograph for the third time. I didn''t love it, it was just too busy, and it had too much going on. Don''t laugh, but it didn''t go with my new bag. I went to the Rolex bay and one piece caught my eye that I hadn''t seen before. It was the men''s stainless steel datejust, white face, smooth bezel and arabic numbers. I usually see the sticks and the roman numbers. Never arabic numbers. I put it on and it just looked so sleek, stylish and very understated. It was just so clean looking, it was love. Sold.

I got back in my car to drive back to the hospital. I thought guilt and buyers remorse would settle in and thankfully it didn''t. I got back to the hospital and kissed my very doped up husband hello and thanked him for the wonderful gifts. The saddest thing is I didn''t get a response from him. He usually says, "Does it make you happy? Do you love it? I''m glad...."

Sighhh, back to the hospital tomorrow.

Roppongi

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
roppongi,
Wow girl had no clue. Huge hugs to you. This is so tough, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.
12.gif
Please keep us posted. Lisa

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww...Roponggi.....thanks for sharing. So glad that you had time for retail therapy
emteeth.gif
I love the Epi Sac Plat. Super classy and veerrrryy nice. I also like the Rolex - Iv''e always wanted one with a white face.

Sending good thoughts and wishes for you and your family and for your husband to have a speedy recovery.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh girl at least you know how to make those few hours of retail therapy really count!!! i can''t wait to see your new goodies very soon.

you have a world of strength inside of you...i think of you and your family often and know that soon hubby will be back to his old self. keep us posted.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 1:21:12 AM
Author: Kaleigh
roppongi,

Wow girl had no clue. Huge hugs to you. This is so tough, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.
12.gif
Please keep us posted. Lisa

I did not know your hubby was sick. I am sorry, and hope he is on the road to recovery...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--you and yours really have a lot on your plates. I hope for the best in terms of recovery for your husband.
Enjoy your new purchases.

kind regards--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you, Roppongi! I hope your DH is getting better and that everything works out for you both. Retail therapy definitely has its time and place, and yours was certainly well-deserved. Remember when you are the caretaker, you have to take care of yourself first so you can be there for the person you''re taking care of!

When my dad was at Mayo a couple years ago, my mother stayed with him as his primary caregiver there for over 2 months, after his first and second rounds of chemo/radiation and a couple extensive surgeries, they stayed there in either hotels/the hospital, or nursing homes until he was well enough to travel again...she got through many tense times by shopping downtown for Christmas gifts, and it gave her a lot of hope. She even bought some beautiful amber jewelry for herself and has never regretted it, even though she''d rather spend on her loved ones. We were all so glad she had some time to herself and got herself some "treats"--it made all the difference.

Sometime when your DH is better, I am sure you will get to share your new fabulous treasures with him and he will be very happy for you! Take care!
35.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Roppongi, I''m so glad you''re husband''s surgery went well and he''s in recovery! We missed you at the last GTG! Good to hear you were able to get away for a few hours to take your mind off of things. Please take care of yourself and your family!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
roppongi, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your husband gets better soon. Keep us updated.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Having been through several surgeries of DH''s, I know a little bit of what you are going through. I''m glad you are there for him, and that NM is there for you...
2.gif

I''m about 8 blocks from the hospital and I keep looking up and wondering how you are.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
And by the way, I couldn't tell you what an Epi Sac Plat is for a million dollars. Google, here I come!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
roppongi, I''m glad to hear the Retail Therapy helped ease a little of the stress. You deserved it and you/your husband will be in my prayers...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope he makes a speedy recovery. You deserve the retail therapy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results