shape
carat
color
clarity

Restaurant or Beach Proposal ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
I'm planning to pop the question while on vacation in Hawaii next week. I just don't really know when and where will be a good time to pop the question. I'm thinking I'll ask her in the beginning of the trip (I'm 99% sure she will say yes)
tongue.gif
so we can really enjoy the vacation. And for the place I'm deciding to either ask at a really romantic restaurant sitiing by the window over looking the ocean during sunset. Or after the dinner when we are walking along the beach.

If I decide to ask during dinner, when should I ask? When we start our dinner, during dinner or at the end of the dinner?
confused.gif
Or should I wait when the sun is setting? Also, is it appropriate to get on one knee at a really upscale restaurant or should I just propose across the dinner table?

Help.... which one would you pick? Restaurant or Beach? or if you have any other good places to propose or ideas, let me know
lickout.gif

loveovermiles

Rough_Rock
Hey
This is just me, but I would do a sunset proposal on the beach...i don't know why, but to me that sounds really romantic. Plus for some reason water always seems to make things better than they actually are. atleast to me. I love the ocean, even lakes and rivers for that matter.(i'm doing mine by a river) But I would do it after the dinner on the beach. maybe bending down to pick up a sea shell or something along those lines. I mean to me...anyway you would do it would work on a beach. You can go wrong with a Hawaian sunset. Good Luck.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Public humiliation is the most point getter for girls
1.gif

They will always remember the moment. You will be out to eat more then you will
ever be on the beach.

Come around the table and do the one knee thing at sunset. Classic ! You will talk
about that every time your at dinner the rest of your lives
1.gif

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
I may be too late to have an impact, but I vote for the beach at sunset without an audience. Intimate and special. Do it before dinner, and you can tell everyone there you just got engaged.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on whether or not you feel your girl is the public type or more private. I personally am not a public person and I did not want my guy to get on the knee in a restaurant etc. He did the proposal in a restaurant and while it was romantic, because he didnt do the knee thing, it was very lowkey and no one even noticed! I really liked this BUT I was a little disappointed inside on the non-knee thing (even though I had asked him not to!).

Girls are not always reasonable. She may have some expectations you are not aware of when it comes to the proposal, most girls have thouguht about it before!
1.gif

I think the beach idea sounds great...scope out a place that is semi-secluded or similar beforehand..maybe a little nook where you can hide a blanket and/or some champagne behind a rock. Go eat a great dinner...walk on the beach, as the sunset is going down walk her over to your area, do the knee and sappy words thing and then pull out the blanket and champagne and toast your future!
1.gif

I would also arrange for the hotel in your absence to do something like decorate your hotel room with rose petals on the bed and some champagne there or something fun. That way after you hang out on the beach or are done with your walk, you can come back to the hotel and she can get a second fun surprise!
1.gif

I agree with another poster who said that you really can't go wrong with a Hawaii sunset. I think the whole romantic vacation thing and the engagement will just be great....so however you do it, as long as you don't streak across the beach naked screaming her name, you should be fine!!

My two cents, thanks for the PM.

Good luck!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow i overdid it with the
1.gif
's didn't I?

I wanted to also add that it is really the thought that counts. The fact that you are putting time in worrying about this beforehand is very sweet. She will appreciate that, regardless of what actually happens!

Another idea I had is to have the hotel run you a hot bubble bath or similar, so that when you come back the rose petals can be all over the bed and then a hot bath can be waiting for you both in the room! FUN!

2.gif

JustLooking

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback mara and everyone else.

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results