shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset help!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lovely 1.23 round E/VS1 that I never wear because the setting, which is what I thought I wanted at the time, is too heavy and feels dated to me.

It's set in a Solstice with the bombe shank, and I think it's just a bit clunky looking.

IMG_20200702_102745.jpg
IMG_20200702_102741.jpg

It's also not my "real" engagement ring, so I don't want to spend $2000 on a solitaire reset. The ring was originally from Wink, so I am thinking about maybe sending it back and having it set in a Sholdt semibezel, or something that looks a little less "engagement ring" so I can wear it on my right hand, and I'm open to suggestions. I love the look of the Cartier 1895, but I can't seem to find a Stuller setting that really comes close, and my budget probably isn't going to reach to custom.

Any suggestions for something else I should consider? I'd prefer 4 prongs, and I like the shank width, just not the head and shoulders.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Could a good bench give the ring a makeover? Could the head be changed and the shoulders be thinned a little bit? That might be a little bit more budget friendly than a whole reset.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Could a good bench give the ring a makeover? Could the head be changed and the shoulders be thinned a little bit? That might be a little bit more budget friendly than a whole reset.

I just don't know what is currently available after the shutdowns, etc. There's not a good local bench that I'm aware of.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I just don't know what is currently available after the shutdowns, etc. There's not a good local bench that I'm aware of.

I think that if you're comfortable sending it off somewhere that Sako of Cicada Jewelry could do it.

I would reach out to him and talk with him and see what he might be able to do. If you give him the inspiration pictures he might be able to tell you if he can make it more into something you'd like. I don't know if that ring could just have the head changed and the band thinned.

Scholdt is also a really good option. I think that those settings are very nice and contemporary looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results