carat
color
clarity

Rep leaders ashamed to speak at or even attend Convention

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How embarrassing, humiliating even, for America. :nono:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hardly-anybody-wants-to-speak-at-trumps-convention-224815

Partial Snip:

"A slot at the Republican National Convention used to be a career-maker — a chance to make your name on the big stage and to catch the eye of the Republican donors and activists who make or break campaigns.

In the year of Trump: Not so much.

With the convention less than a month away, POLITICO contacted more than 50 prominent governors, senators and House members to gauge their interest in speaking.
Only a few said they were open to it, and everyone else said they weren’t planning on it, didn’t want to, or weren’t going to Cleveland at all — or simply didn’t respond."

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Rep leaders ashamed to speak at or even attend Conventio

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton|1467056967|4048905 said:
I don't see this as embarrassment at all.
I see it as people who want to stay as far away from Trump as possible.

Same thing.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha. That man is utter Kryptonite if you're running as a Republican this year. Getting as far away from him as possible, is almost a prerequisite for a continuing political career.

The best thing he will do this year is give the senate back to the Democrats and whittle the Republican majority in the house. Then we're going to get a big in-yer-face demonstration of how Ryan can not only not control the Teahadi wing, he won't be able to herd the less extreme ones either. They may (gasp!) start crossing the aisle without his permission!! :o :errrr:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There will be no winners in this election. American citizens will be the losers... :(sad

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Donald Trump's twitter response to George Will's announcement that he is leaving the Republican party: "George Will, one of the most overrated political pundits (who lost his way long ago), has left the Republican Party.He's made many bad calls"

George Will's response to Donald Trump's twitter put-down: "He has an advantage on me, because he can say everything he knows about any subject in 140 characters and I can’t.”

:lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1467094806|4049100 said:
Donald Trump's twitter response to George Will's announcement that he is leaving the Republican party: "George Will, one of the most overrated political pundits (who lost his way long ago), has left the Republican Party.He's made many bad calls"

George Will's response to Donald Trump's twitter put-down: "He has an advantage on me, because he can say everything he knows about any subject in 140 characters and I can’t.”

awesome!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1467094806|4049100 said:

That's tweet! :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results