shape
carat
color
clarity

Remounting a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Good evening,
My name is Maurice and I am a diamond dealer/model maker/designer/stone setter.
This is a 5 minute job and should be worth around $15. Paying more than $20 and you're getting taken.....

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maurice,Thanks for joining the forum.It's nice to know that you offer such reasonable prices. I have a diamond setting question if you don't mind. Do you take all responsibility in the event something should happen to the consumer's diamond when doing a remount or how does that work in your store? I've seen consumers post questions about that topic and we recently had a consumer post about diamonds breaking during setting (a strange story, but that's another thread!
smile.gif
) although those were diamonds being sold to the same consumer by that jeweler.Thanks for your input.
smile.gif
lawmax

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi. Thank you for inviting me into the forum, it is a great pleasure to help all consumers. As to your question regarding breaking a stone during remounts, it IS the setter's responsibility to be responsible for any breakage during remount. The setter is required to pay for the re-cutting of the stone as well as the price difference "per carat" for the amount of weight loss due to his inexperience. I hope this helps, if not- keep asking me more questions....

RT .88ct.jpg

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Moe!
smile.gif
lawmax

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results