shape
carat
color
clarity

remodel kitchen? yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocksolid

Rough_Rock
hi everyone,

i recently bought a fantastic condo. i'm thinking about remodeling the kitchen and have it open up to the living room. right now it is a galley kitchen (i think this is the right term). it's completely upgraded with stainless steel appliances and marble countertops. however, i'm thinking about knocking down one side of the kitchen and moving the oven/microwave to the other side of the wall. this way, whatever is left in the middle, i can put a new slab of granite for an island. i am a huge fan of the open concept kitchen/living room combo and would much prefer this to a closed off kitchen.

i don't have any pictures right now, but i'd like to know if any of you have had experiences moving an oven? i know plumbing is very expensive to move, but is moving the oven the same amount of trouble? thanks for any input!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have the money? Are you planning on staying there for awhile?

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
As Suze Orman would say "Show me the money, girlfriend!"
31.gif

Have you contacted a contractor for an estimate? Do you have enough money to do this? I remodeled my TINY kitchen last year and as far as I know, in order to move the stove you would also have to move the gas pipes.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For most ovens, you have to have a different voltage and different type of plug so there would be some electrical work involved for the new location. How difficult and how expensive that would be depends on the specifics of your condo. If it''s gas rather than electric, then you have the issue of rerouting the gas line.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results