shape
carat
color
clarity

Regrets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 9:57:15 PM
Author:FrekeChild
What do you regret about your wedding?

That it couldn''t last longer. That 2 of my dearest friends weren''t invited.

Would you do the big wedding instead of eloping/small wedding or eloping/small wedding instead of a big one?

I had a small wedding, 10 minutes from home, and wouldn''t have wanted it to be big.

Would you invite different people? Have different people be in your bridal party?

I''m so glad I didn''t have a bridal party.

What would you do differently if you do have a redo?

Invited my closest friends. My family is huge, and even thoguh our wedding was small my guest list doubled DHs'' w/ family (parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles) alone, so I opted not to invite any friends. There are 3 that I wish I had invited now.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few regrets, but not many:

1. I regret not inviting my best friend''s mom and dad.
2. I regret getting the videographer
3. I regret throwing my back out and missing half of my wedding.

But other than that, nothing! ;-)

I think everyone is bound to have a few regrets - but as long as they are not on your deal breakers (location/size/etc), I think it is okay.

I do think that people should stick with the main things that make them happy.

Ex. great friend of mine got married young. Always dreamt of getting married on a beach. To please her parents and in laws, she did a traditional wedding with all of the traditional ''trimmings'' and has told me a zillion times that she regrets it. Wishes she''d gone with what she wanted - her parents would get over it you know?

Anyways - good luck to everyone getting hitched - stand up for the big stuff and let the little stuff slide and in the end, the you''ll have to think pretty hard to remember any regrets.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I''m not even done yet..and I can list a few things I am kind of regretting/or would have changed:

1. I probably wouldn''t have spent as much money on a photographer and videographer..I am excited to have both of them..they are what I wanted; however, in light of the economy..it worries me to be draining so much money out. But I can''t guarantee I''d change this.

2. I would have stood my ground more on the guest list. I tried, but failed..I''d make the wedding only a little smaller size-wise, but keep it as a larger wedding still (40+ people). Don''t really only want like 20 people wedding personally, but I feel like /some/ of the people invited shouldn''t have been...there was no reason to invite some of these people.

3. I wouldn''t invite different people, but I wouldn''t invite some of the people. Honestly..as for my bridal party, it would be different and probably smaller (except I''d keep my MOH course..My mommy
5.gif
). I just regret asking some of the people as they haven''t really cared/been involved anymore than the bare minimum.

4. No redo here..and honestly I wouldn''t change the photo or video choices probably when it came down to it..just wish they hadn''t been so expensive..

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 8:11:05 PM
Author: lulu
I really didn''t have a wedding. My mom was dying and she wouldn''t let go because she wanted to see me get married. We put it all together in an evening and married in her hospital room with each of us holding one of her hands. She died two hours later. We meant to have a reception but it never felt right.It''s been 15 years and I have never regretted it.

But I do love to come here and look at the beautiful dresses.

Lulu bless your heart..that is so sweet..I am sorry about your Mom, but glad she got to see your wedding..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results