shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry stalking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a HORRIBLE bride, and according to PerfectPear in a previous post, a horrible person too...

I''m stalking my registry. My shower is on the 2nd. So far FI and I are the proud owners of a set of steak knives, a stove-top grill/griddle pan, a flexible spatula, and some salt and pepper shakers. WOOHOO!!!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I was horrible with this, too. Turned out I got disappointed at my shower because of it!

I have a super common name, and I was one of about 25+ brides with my name registered where I did, many of them in a similar area. Things bought off my registry I never received, and I received things that definitely were not on mine. There were multiple examples of relatives printing out the wrong registry, haha!

But if registry stalking makes you a horrible person, then I guess I''m horrible too!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t do it on purpose because we have barley anything on our registry so I went to update it. My shower is coming up in a few months so not better time, right? Well...someone bought the ice bucket. That was like the one thing I was going to remove. lol. Anyway...we''ve been struggling with a registry anyway because we live in such a small place and even the stuff we want we just don''t have room for. Stinks!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the horrible person list! I have been stalking since my invites went out! We have gotten some fabulous items so far!
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to that list too! A few weeks ago I just went to our website to make sure it looked okay (since we'd just recently added items to it) and I found out the KitchenAid stand mixer we had on our list was bought!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
I really didnt expect anyone to buy that for us since it's sooooo expensive - we were planning on buying it later with the completion discount. Also, since then some crystal stemware has also been bought and one set completed!

I can't wait to host dinner parties with all the new china and glassware!

ETA: Forgot to mention, I'm not having a bridal shower...so all these gifts are early wedding presents! I thought I was the only person who did that!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
No registry stalking for me... I LOVE being surprised by presents!!

With that said, FI and I agreed that I would pick out stemware, pots/pans, and knives with my mom. So when my mom and I went to Dillards to update the registry with the stemware, I was floored to see that I had only registered for 6 place settings of China...
That was not the case, at Dillards, the print out that the lady gave us didn't say what had been bought, it only indicated what is "Needed". Well, 6 of our china settings have already been bought!! My wedding is 3 months away and my first shower is next weekend!! I was so excited!!

Those are the only gifts I know about.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
haha. I am guilty of this too!! Surprisingly lots of our crystal has been bought as well as our nice china. I honestly check the site daily... oops! It takes all the control I have to not look at the "thank you note manager" and not see who bought the items!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I am such a registry stalker! I wish I could stop, but it''s almost as bad as my PS addiction. I''m not really someone who likes surprises . . .

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 8:37:53 PM
Author: modernsparkler
haha. I am guilty of this too!! Surprisingly lots of our crystal has been bought as well as our nice china. I honestly check the site daily... oops! It takes all the control I have to not look at the ''thank you note manager'' and not see who bought the items!

Boo...I don''t think Crate and Barrel has a thank you note manager
7.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I stalked my registry like crazy! My shower was this past Saturday, and I know this is awful, but on Friday night I browsed through to see all the presents I would be getting! I just couldn''t help myself and I''ve never been big on suprises anyways. It was still lots of fun opening them though, and I still had a few suprises because people did some shopping the morning of the shower as well.

Margot

Rough_Rock
Technically, you only checked what gifts were purchased from the registry list you picked out,...so you''re not really ruining any surprises, right?
31.gif

If I had a registry, I''d be all over that. Hoo-rah!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
On the list!
31.gif
So fun, so fun!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 9:10:09 PM
Author: Margot
Technically, you only checked what gifts were purchased from the registry list you picked out,...so you''re not really ruining any surprises, right?
31.gif

If I had a registry, I''d be all over that. Hoo-rah!
Ditto
3.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I have no registry to stalk
7.gif
I''m not even certain WHEN FI & I should start to register?? Our wedding is in December. I''m not certain if we''re having a wedding shower, though it seems unlikely, with me living across the country from my family....

So would it make sense to register right before invites go out? (Sorry to thread jack!)

To the OP: I ruin EVERY AND ALL surprises in my life. I''m such a nosey jerkface, it drives FI crazy. I keep telling myself that our registry will be different... that I will behave.... (yeah right
3.gif
)

Do any of your FIs registry-stalk? I can''t imagine mine would... unless we register at REI, The North Face, Sports Authority, etc, etc, etc
20.gif
...not gonna happen!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 12:34:23 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
7.gif
I''m not even certain WHEN FI & I should start to register?? Our wedding is in December. I''m not certain if we''re having a wedding shower, though it seems unlikely, with me living across the country from my family....

So would it make sense to register right before invites go out? (Sorry to thread jack!)

To the OP: I ruin EVERY AND ALL surprises in my life. I''m such a nosey jerkface, it drives FI crazy. I keep telling myself that our registry will be different... that I will behave.... (yeah right
3.gif
)

Do any of your FIs registry-stalk? I can''t imagine mine would... unless we register at REI, The North Face, Sports Authority, etc, etc, etc
20.gif
...not gonna happen!
PPM - i''m getting married in December too! I am registered because people kept bugging me to do it. So i did. Of course, no one will be buying anything on it even remotely sooon, so i''ll have no need to check it....yet. but when the time comes closer....
11.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

3.gif
)

20.gif
...not gonna happen!
I''d register before shower invites go out, if you end up having a shower, or before your invites go out, or once enough people start asking you about it--whichever comes first. I registered before my shower, which was four months before my wedding (to accommodate OOT family).

I also ruin all surprises in my life. FI? He doesn''t even want to open the presents when they are sitting in our apartment all wrapped up! That drives me nuts. I want to open it and start playing with it immediately. I''m a child
15.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
7.gif

3.gif
)

20.gif
...not gonna happen!

FI and I registered at one of the Crate and Barrel events. We did it a good year before the shower/wedding because I''m antsy.

I love surprises but I hate suspense, so I''m never good with presents and such.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
me too! me too! shhhh, dont tell anyone - lol
its SO hard not to look! its very exciting, my shower is coming up next month too and i can''t wait.!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So for those with early wedding presents - did you send thank you cards immediately? I''m going to send some out this week, but I wonder when the cut-off would be to just send them the thank-you post wedding. I''m thinking 2 weeks before wedding?

I''ll also be sending a second round of thank-yous to those i''m sending a thank-you to right now.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything that comes to the house I plan to promptly open and send a TY note for, regardless of whether it''s for the shower or wedding. It''s just easier that way. We probably won''t use the stuff until after we''re married (unless FI gets his mitts on the stuff).

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Would you like a laugh? I stalk OTHER people''s registries. Not strangers, (though sometimes I peak cause it''s fun to see what others are getting) but my friends weddings, when I''m not sure, or I really liked a selection of things I watch what gets purchased for them
25.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 12:12:50 PM
Author: mayachel
Would you like a laugh? I stalk OTHER people''s registries. Not strangers, (though sometimes I peak cause it''s fun to see what others are getting) but my friends weddings, when I''m not sure, or I really liked a selection of things I watch what gets purchased for them
25.gif

I do this too...It''s like a little look into their lives...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Almost everyone I know did this - honestly, in the scheme of things, totally not a big deal
2.gif
3.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Violet, Kitty, Hudson: Thanks for feedback. I guess I need to figure out FOR SURE if there will be a wedding shower. I know it sounds greedy, but I keep thinking that *someone* will want to throw one for me? (Okay. That DOES sound greedy! But that''s not how I mean it??) We''re the first wedding for FI''s immediate family, and the first wedding for my immediate family too... And at least on my end, all relatives and friends of the fam have had bridal showers. And it''s even common for moms/sisters of the bride to throw/host the shindigs.

Okay. Threadjacking again. Gotta stop!

Seems like a few months before The Big Day is the rule of thumb, unless people request for registry info sooner. Good to know. I''m so antsy-- wanna get it done now!
2.gif

And major "LOL" to stalking OTHER people''s registries! I have about 5 girlfriends nearing their wedding dates... I should go check out the goods they''ll be gettin''
31.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:38:12 AM
Author: kama_s
So for those with early wedding presents - did you send thank you cards immediately? I''m going to send some out this week, but I wonder when the cut-off would be to just send them the thank-you post wedding. I''m thinking 2 weeks before wedding?

I''ll also be sending a second round of thank-yous to those i''m sending a thank-you to right now.

If they''re wedding gifts you can send them out after the wedding....however....keep in mind that you''ll be writing a BAJILLION thank you notes. I personally would get as many done before the wedding as possible!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Does stalking your registry make you a horrible person??! Sigh. Sign me up, I guess!

Actually, I had to look at my registries to see what was left and how much to add after we''d sent out invitations, because there wasn''t a lot left. I had to!!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
So I got an email from Bed Bath & Beyond today that my towels are discontinued and on clearance! So-I had my first big freak-out moment and went and bought them all
23.gif
FI will probably fall over, but I searched high and low for these towels to coordinate with our bedding so I was NOT going to let them get away. And they are so nice nothing else would compare! At least BBB emailed me and I can go back with as many 20% off''s as I can get and get the money back on them!
36.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Apparently Crate and Barrel will add things to your registry if people buy them. For example, someone bought something off my registry and also bought me an yellow cutting board that I didn''t register for. The cutting board magically appeared in my registry.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a cheater :) Over the weekend a few pieces of our waterford crystal were bought. I could only hold out for 24 hours before I checked to see who it was....my MOH went crazy at Macy''s! Every time I try not to peek but it too tempting! FI keeps threatening to change the password on the registry and I think I might just let him :)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to resurrect this thread because people have been buying stuff from our registries and it makes me so excited!!
It''s weird, though, because I put on the registry some expensive, frivolous stuff amongst the many many practical and moderately-priced items and so far the expensive, frivolous gifts seem to be what people are giving us. Maybe I underestimated what our guests would spend on gifts... I''m honestly shocked by people''s generosity. And I think I should be giving better gifts when I go to weddings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results