color
clarity

Registry Stalking

Are you stalking your registries?

• Other/Show Me Answers

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Are you stalking your registries?

If you''d like, tell us where you''re registered.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I voted yes. Even though I want my gifts to be a surprise, I can''t help myself! My shower is coming up, and I''ve somehow mysteriously arrived at my registry pages almost every day in the last week or so. [Sigh.] Why do I have zero self-restraint
3.gif
?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I accidentally clicked on the wrong forum when I went to start my topic! I'm so sorry, LIWs. I have reported my mistake to admin and asked them to move it to the BWW forum. Ugh--I feel so impolite and insensitive! My apologies again.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That''s okay Kittybean! We still love you.
9.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 8:48:24 PM
Author: kittybean
I voted yes. Even though I want my gifts to be a surprise, I can''t help myself! My shower is coming up, and I''ve somehow mysteriously arrived at my registry pages almost every day in the last week or so. [Sigh.] Why do I have zero self-restraint
3.gif
?

I can totally relate. Somehow the website just pops up. My first shower is in two weeks! Ah.

I am looking forward to my second shower next month because I registered at little local shops for it, so I can''t stalk- everything will be a surprise!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure if I was registered I''d probably do the same. How can you not!?
3.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yes and no...my registries are still under construction for my May 2009 wedding, so I keep going back into them to add and delete stuff. But to my surprise, I keep finding things checked off as "fulfilled!"

What I''d really like to know is why people are buying things from my registry when they haven''t been invited yet. I''m sure it''s probably family, but still, isn''t it a little presumptuous?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I definitely did. I was curious, mostly, and also wanted to get a head start on my thank-you notes when I had the time. If I had a free day, I''d check the registries to see what had been purchased and by whom, and write out the thank-you card so that I could send it as soon as the gift came in the mail.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ok, no one really knows about our registry yet, but once they do I will absolutely be stalking it, so I voted yes. And it''s a honeymoon registry, so it''s not like it even matters what people choose to get us, but I''m curious to see if more people pick the boring things like hotels and tours, or if people pick the goofy stuff. FI has included:
"Bear Attack Kit (for Mr Elrohwen to attack them!)"
"Fines (because apparently sea otters do not make good pets and we did not take the hint the first time)"
"Drinks to console Mr Elrohwen when he learns that Yosemite Sam is in no way associated with the National Park"
And many more
11.gif

I''m really curious to see which things people pick.

If I had a regular registry, I would probably be even more stalkerish.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I periodically go in and change my registry, so I guess in a way I''m stalking it. But no one''s bought anything yet. My shower isn''t until May though so I have time. We registered at Crate and Barrel. Only one place because we''re only having 50 ppl at the wedding.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yes, maybe, what did I say that?
27.gif
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally stalked both my wedding and baby registries! It is too tempting!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
we havent even gone to register yet or even thought about WHERE we want to register. We''re getting married July 3, 2009. Should I get started on this right away, or what?

Also, I have no idea if we''ll have a shower. I say that because I work from home so I know there are no co-workers that are going to throw me something and my mom and I are not close and she lives 5 hours away AND she''s not involved in the wedding planning process, so really..there''s no one other than myself to throw a shower and planning the wedding is stressful ENOUGH. I can''t think of a shower.
7.gif
I feel my heart race every time I think about it. I don''t have ANY money to have it anywhere (my friend had hers a banquet hall and it was great), and I don''t have any friends that I could have it at their house (I don''t think) and my house is a TINY apartment. Yikes!!

Okay...gotta take deep breaths. Thanks for listening, guys. *blush*

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad I am not the only one. I love stalking the registry. I looked a few times at the tool where you could find out who bought what but I have restrained myself from doing that because I want at least something to be a surprise !!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I stalked mine like crazy! There were some items that were marked sold and then I never received them. That really confused me! Made me kinda wonder if I have gifts lingering in someone''s closet they forgot to give me. Then again, one of the things bought that I didn''t receive was a kitchen cart and I just can''t imagine someone forgetting they had that in the house!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YES! I was totally going to start this thread! FI and I just finished registering but I can''t help myself! My mom and aunt are the only 2 who have bought stuff but I get really excited when I see "fulfilled!" Also, Macy''s has had some ROCKIN'' sales on my items so my mom has saved over $500 on some REALLY expensive stuff. We also aren''t totally finished yet, so I keep going on Bed Bath & Beyond to try and find bathroom stuff and stuff for our guest bedroom. And I just love Crate & Barrel so I browse on a daily, maybe hourly basis...I can''t wait til the shower invites go out and people start buying goodies!
36.gif
36.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
I had to ressurect this thread because I was just registry stalking and realized people bought some of our first gifts!!! Exciting!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:06:00 PM
Author: April20
I stalked mine like crazy! There were some items that were marked sold and then I never received them. That really confused me! Made me kinda wonder if I have gifts lingering in someone''s closet they forgot to give me. Then again, one of the things bought that I didn''t receive was a kitchen cart and I just can''t imagine someone forgetting they had that in the house!
I am wondering about gifts that have been bought but not received also. Since our wedding isn''t for a few months, I''m thinking people are just holding onto them, but what happens if we never receive them? Did you ever check up on them with the store? I know BB&B has made a number of data-entry mistakes with our registry so far, so I''m a little concerned that they''ve made more mistakes.

I was just checking (
27.gif
) the registry after my shower, thinking no one would''ve bought anything else, but someone bought us our big, awesome, high-quality cookware set we wanted, and I''m so excited! I have no idea when it will arrive, but I''m having a lot of fun anticipating it. Getting wedding gifts just makes the whole thing seem so much more real. So exciting!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t. Then again I made them over a year before our wedding (I''m a planner, and I had winter break free...) and I haven''t been back since. I doubt anyone has bought anything. I hope not anyway, because it''s a destination wedding AND it''s so far in advance.

Oh and we''re registered at Macy''s and Williams Sonoma.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results