shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry Poll!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so we are just about done registering for stuff and it got me curious about other people's registries. I saw a poll from a couple of years ago and figured we could do one with the current BIWs.
1.gif
Married ladies, please feel free to jump in as well!

1. Where are/were you registered?
2. Approximately how many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately)
3. How many guests are/were you expecting?
4. What is/was the approximate price range/breakdown?
5. What was the most expensive thing you registered for?
6. For already married ladies, was there anything you'd change about your registry? What surprised you?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
1. Where are you registered? Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond
2. Approximately how many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately) 120 so far, but we're planning to add more. We just moved, so it's a great time to take stock of what household items we'd benefit from getting for the wedding.
3. How many guests are you expecting? 130
4. What is the approximate price range/breakdown? Most things are under $100, I'd say 40% under $50
5. What was the most expensive thing you registered for? Our china, which is $79.99 a setting. We asked for 8 settings, so that makes for $640 for the whole set. Single items, a nice vaccum which is $200.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Where are you registered?
Macy's and Williams Sonoma

2. Approximately how many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately)
Um. 30 at WS and 16 at Macy's.

3. What is the approximate price range/breakdown?
Items range from $7 (Williams Sonoma pot holders) to $340 (Macy's Hotel Collection Duvet cover). Most items are under $50, with the big exceptions being bedding, a saute pan, a stock pot, and a few other kitchen gadgets.

4. What was the most expensive thing you registered for?
$340. And it's currently on sale for $250. Woot!

DANGIT LP! You edited to add a line about guests. We're expecting around 25. Our registry has already had a few items knocked off of it due to the engagement party though. And I don't expect much because everyone is flying out to Vegas. I'd rather they came than gave gifts.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, so here's ours:

Crate and Barrel, Williams Sonoma and Amazon.com

2. Approximately how many items did you register for?
So far we're registered for approximately 150 items.

3. How many guests are you expecting?
About 100

4. What is the approximate price range/breakdown?
Range is from $2.50 (for a napkin ring) to $329 (for a coffee table). The breakdown is as follows:

34 under $10
33 between $10 and $25
28 between $25 and $50
30 between $50 and $75
13 between $75 and $100 (pretty much just our flatware settings and a cleaver--LOL)
5 between $100 and $125
3 over $200

The coffee table. It's a trunk style one that allows you to keep blankets in it with trays for remotes and whatnot. I don't think anyone will buy it for us, but we're looking forward to the registry discount! The other pricey things are our flatware serving set (around $230) and a pair of binoculars (around $220).

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 3:13:37 PM
Author: FrekeChild

DANGIT LP! You edited to add a line about guests. We''re expecting around 25. Our registry has already had a few items knocked off of it due to the engagement party though. And I don''t expect much because everyone is flying out to Vegas. I''d rather they came than gave gifts.

LOL, sorry Freke! I realized I forgot to add it, so I had to go back.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Crate&Barrell (misc. kitchen items, decorative pieces, and guest bathroom accessories), Dillard's (China, serving pieces, stemware, flatware, nice frames, and bath towles), BB&B (all the "stuff", bedding, and bathroom)

Apprx 300-350 I would guess (If you count everything spearately, china and everyday plates, and towles add up to about 50 items just by themselves)

Around 250

From $3.99 to $250 per item... (How in the world do you girls know the breakdowns?!?)

Single Item: Dining room table $1450
Group or Items: 12 sets of china at $125/ place setting ($1500)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 3:36:03 PM
Author: meresal
How in the world do you girls know the breakdowns?!?

I have a spreadsheet with everything listed by price so I can keep track of what''s on our registries. That means as stuff gets taken off the registry, I can make sure we still have a nice range of prices for people.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

crate and barrel, williams-sonoma, macy''s

2.) How many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately)
about 100

about 100

I''d say the average price on our registry is about $100

Our Swarovski flutes at $390, even though we already have a set I wouldn''t mind a second! Other big ticket items were a wine cooler and roomba

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
1. Bloomingdales/Bed Bath & Beyond

2. So far about 120 items

3. Around 250-270 guests

4. Anywhere from $6 (kitchen gadgets) to $400

5. A Miele vacuum. $400.

Last Saturday FMIL threw us an engagement party where about 80 people showed and most of the stuff is gone from the registry. Not sure if that info will help you at all but I was completely surprised by it. And in case this info is helpful at all, most of the stuff people bought at this stage was around the $100-$150 range.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 3:05:36 PM
Author:ladypirate
OK, so we are just about done registering for stuff and it got me curious about other people's registries. I saw a poll from a couple of years ago and figured we could do one with the current BIWs.
1.gif
Married ladies, please feel free to jump in as well!

6. For already married ladies, was there anything you'd change about your registry? What surprised you?
1. Right now, just BBB - we can't decide where else to register and what else to register for!
2. 96
3. Inviting 154
4. 1.99-300. A good amount in the under 30 range, a moderate amount in the under 100 range, and a few big ticket items.
5. Kitchenaid stand mixer (I lust after one of these) $300

Yeah, so I'm pretty sure based on that math we have some more registering to do...FI and I both hate having a ton of "stuff" so we tried to register for items we really needed and would use - we already goodwilled nearly an entire kitchen when we moved in together in March. I also have, adore, and use my grandmother's china so that crossed that possiblity off the list.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2009 3:54:27 PM
Author: marlie

Last Saturday FMIL threw us an engagement party where about 80 people showed and most of the stuff is gone from the registry. Not sure if that info will help you at all but I was completely surprised by it. And in case this info is helpful at all, most of the stuff people bought at this stage was around the $100-$150 range.

Wow--you have generous friends! We never had an engagement party (seemed a little silly since we''ve been living together for 2 years already), but we will probably do a bridal shower in the spring, so that is something to keep in mind.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
- Bed Bath and Beyond and Bloomingdales
- Not done yet and we are keeping a kosher home which means double everything for the kitchen and place settings and such...so a TON
-inviting between 200-300...hoping for 250
-I have a huge range from $5 and up. Several people called my mom to say they were so happy I had such affordable things, I don''t need or want expensive, I want practical. We are been given china from my MIL so that was good to not have to register for.
-Either the dyson or an espresso machine. I haven''t picked which ones but those are our splurge items.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
BBB and Macy's. We also threw in www.honeymoonwishes.com right at the end.
2. Approximately how many items did you register for?
Maybe 150?
Most things were in the <$50 range, the next largest range was $50-100. We probably had 10 things over $100.
We got talked into registering for a $1400 espresso machine (hahaha good saleslady!)but we took it off, because that's crazy! So the Kitchenaid wins, and we got that as a shower gift.
6.gif

I was actually surprised that people really liked the honeymoon registry. We had everything from there (10 things?) purchased for us except the massage, but that was a big ticket. I thought our registries were pretty good, and we had lots of fun mostly completing them last week.
1.gif
Nobody bought us knives, except for steak knives and a cleaver from a friend who thought it'd be funny (it was!).
3.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
lp....wish i could say that it were my friends at the engagement party. fmil threw it for 80 of her ''closest'' friends. they like to compete with each other on who can get more for who, which sounds nice but i actually think it''s a little sad how materialistic her friends are! we live in nyc and obviously don''t have tons of storage so we weren''t quite ready for the amount of gifts we received. we tried to be really practical with what we registered for b/c we''ve lived together a while too.

my mom wants to throw me a shower in the spring (since none of my friends/family went to the engagement party) and now I have nothing left to register for!

good luck with your registry!! i''m jealous of how organized you are about it!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Crate & Barrel, and a few items at Williams-Sonoma. We also said we'd like gift certificates to an indoor rock climbing facility near us, but it wasn't actually a registry (though it turned out to be a very popular option!)

Oh, good question. Maybe about 75? We had some things like additional individual teaspoons, as well as flatware settings, so that probably adds to the number but most people won't give a single teaspoon...so hard to say.

150 invited, 100 showed

A lot of stuff in the $50-$100 range, several cheaper items, a couple of things more expensive

The serving platter for our china set...I wish it was something more exciting than that, actually!

I might have called the rock climbing place to see if we could set a limit on the number of gift certificates, since we're going to be climbing for years on what we've got! Not that it's a bad thing, but finding time to go isn't always easy. My biggest regret is that the bridesmaid who planned our shower forgot that we were registered at BBB, and a couple weeks before the shower, I moved most of our registry items there to make things easier for my family and family friends (there is a BBB near where they live, but neither of the other stores, and they aren't really online shoppers). So we got almost nothing off the registries at our shower, because people who did go online only found bare-bones registries at C&B and W-S. We liked the gifts we did get, of course, but I'd have at least let my mom know to spread the word about BBB if I'd known!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
1. Where are/were you registered? We registered at Pottery Barn and BBB
2. Approximately how many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately) I think around 200?
3. How many guests are/were you expecting? We invited around 300 and 205 came
4. What is/was the approximate price range/breakdown? I had a bunch of cheap stuff (like 15 and under) all the kitchen gadget type things... I think the lowest percentage of items were purchased from the under 25 category. I will tell you that items in the 40-60 dollar range were bought first, I think people are lazy don''t want to put together a bunch of small stuff, and most people spent in that range for shower gifts. After the wedding, I think all of our 100+ and 50-100 dollar items were purchased.
5. What was the most expensive thing you registered for? Kitchen Aid Mixer
30.gif
and Cookware

6. For already married ladies, was there anything you''d change about your registry? What surprised you? I was surprised at how many 100 dollar plus items were purchased. I put a few nice vases on there, thinking that I would buy them with the discount after the wedding and we got them all. Part of me wishes I would have registered at Crate and Barrel, but there isn''t one very close to either of our families.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, registry update from me!
9.gif
We played around with it a bit last night and today (moved some stuff over to Amazon from Williams Sonoma b/c it was less expensive, registered for a few more things) and so here''s the updated breakdown:

Registered for 165 items.

35 under $10
44 between $10 and $25
48 between $25 and $50
31 between $50 and $100
7 over $100

I went a little crazy today and added a bunch of cookbooks I''ve been wanting. Like 13 of them.
9.gif
Larousse Gastronomique, you will be mine!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Where are/were you registered? We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Crate and Barrel.

2. Approximately how many items did you register for? (Count individual place settings & whatnot separately): probably close to 250

3. How many guests are/were you expecting? We were expecting about 120-150 and ended up around 120.

4. What is/was the approximate price range/breakdown? We registered for stuff from $8 on up to maybe $300. I got cute combination gifts for my shower with some of the less expensive items put together with more expensive items. (Crock Pot and a cookbook, etc.) Total spent was anywhere from $30-$75 for the shower gifts. Most people bought the $50 and up gifts for the wedding.

5. What was the most expensive thing you registered for? We registered for a lamp around $140 or so and a desk around $300ish from Crate and Barrel figuring we''d get it with the post-registry discount, but my coworkers actually all chipped in and got me the lamp, which was awesome.

6. For already married ladies, was there anything you''d change about your registry? What surprised you? I wouldn''t change anything, actually! We got pretty much everything from both registries and had all new awesome stuff to take to our new house! I guess I was a little surprised at how much stuff we got because I got SO MANY presents for the bridal shower and for some reason I didn''t think people would buy me lots of presents for that!

I''ll also say that Bed, Bath and Beyond was more popular than Crate and Barrel because everyone has a zillion of those nearby, they give 20% coupons all the time, and there aren''t too many Crate and Barrels. However, we did get sent more gifts from Crate and Barrel than from BBB. I guess people prefer to shop online from CB!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results