shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Yesterday I discovered that some items have been purchased off of our registry! Yipee!
I didn''t think that anything would have been bought yet, since our invites just went out on Friday, and my shower invites went out yesterday. But 4 items from our C&B registry are gone, and a set of sheets from the BB&B one are gone as well.

I can tell I''m totally going to be a registry stalker...
27.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fun! how exciting!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I checked our registry every day, a few times a day. Couldn''t help it. It was so much fun.
1.gif

amyg

Shiny_Rock
HAHAHAHAH!!! that is soooo funny!!! I do the exact same thing!!! So far today I''ve discovered that someone actually bought the $60 salt and pepper mills from Williams-Sonoma...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saturn! Yah! I cannot believe how quickly our weddings are coming up! I sent out 90% of ours on Monday and thought I was late so I am glad yours went out of Friday. Ahhh...do you have everything done?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Tacori-

I know, it does seem like our weddings are approaching very rapidly. I''m comfortable with what we''ve got done, but it seems like I must be forgetting something!
The good news is that the invitations have already reached their destinations - even with the single 39 cent stamps. My shower is on June 24th, and since I''ll be back in Michigan, I''m also planning on cramming a bunch of wedding planning into the weekend as well.

Here''s what I still need to do:

Order wedding rings (I know it seems kind of late for us to be doing this, but we''re both ordering plain bands from eweddingbands.com, so there''s still plenty of time)
Finalize our florals
Call our cake lady to finalize the cake design
Hair and makeup trials (a week from Friday)
Dress alterations
Out-of-town gift bags
Ask a third person to be a reader at the wedding
Choose music for the first dance / father-daughter dance
BM gifts
Convince FI and his GMs to actually get measured for tuxes!
Meet with our sort-of-day-of-coordinator

Recent accomplishments:
Asked two friends to be readers, and one friend to sing in the wedding.
Bought flower girl dresses
Bought my bridal jewelry
Found a corset to wear under my dress
Ordered Chinese dress
Mailed out invitations

How about you, do you have pretty much everything done?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the song and the readings you are using?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Not sure about the song my friend is going to sing... Probably something fairly traditional - she said she''d ask some of her friends what they have performed in the past.

We''re having a traditional church wedding, so our three readings are all from the Bible.

Jeremiah 29:11 "''For I know the plans I have for you,'' declares the LORD, ''plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.''"
This verse is one of my favorites since childhood, and has special significance for me.

Psalm 100 - "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 - "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

The third one is the standard wedding reading, but the first two are less common.
Are you trying to choose readings? What type are you looking for?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, post your cheongsam please!
9.gif
And congratulations on all the rest of your accomplishments!!!

I can tell already that I''m going to be a registry stalker...we''re not getting married until June 2007, haven''t sent out invites or save the dates or told anyone we''re going to register...but I still check in at least once a week to tweak things on our already almost done list! It''s just so fun to think about. I think I''ll DIE once people actually start buying things!!!!
23.gif

And refresh my memory...when is your wedding?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
we are date twins...aug 12th!!!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Albi-
I posted a picture a couple of months back, but I didn''t get around to actually ordering it until recently. Efushop.com has been really great so far - we''ve been trading emails daily.
Here''s the pic. It''s handpainted silk.
qipaobr2.jpg

And, yesterday we received our first wedding gift!!!! The set of sheets we registered for arrived in the mail. I guess I''d better go find the thank you notes...
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that cheongsam is gorgeous! Love cherry blossoms like that.....beautiful!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I was SUCH a registry stalker, I''d check it every day!!!!!

It was so much fun. I was really so floored by the generosity of our friends and family, almost everything was bought off our registries... it was crazy!! (Except for some random stuff... like a bag compacter/storage thing. I really wanted it and no one bought it!! Can you imagine that.... hehe.)

Things look like they''re really coming along for you!

I like that JEremiah reading. We did the COrinthians, and also a less common one, from Matthew, the ''do not worry'' passage. I am a huge worrier and DH insisted on that one.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results