shape
carat
color
clarity

Registries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, another registry question.

Did you get a lot of the things that you registered for?
What were your favorite non-registry gifts?

I wasn''t going to open a registry, because, frankly, I want people to give me what they want to give me (if they want to give me anything at all). But I did anyways, and am looking forward to getting some of the things. My shower is on Sunday, and I''m noticing that there isn''t a lot that was purchased from the registry, so I was wondering what other people''s registry experiences were?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
1- we had 3 showers + the wedding and received only 3 non-registry gifts. one was a glass pitcher. another was a plaque with our names + wedding date. the third was an LCD tv.

2- the tv

i can say that now that i''ve gone through the registry process myself, i love giving gifts from a registry. it''s a lot easier, plus you know you are giving something the will want and use.

also, i wouldn''t stress about gifts not being purchased yet for your sunday shower. most people go the day before or day of to actually purchase the gift. you may be pleasantly surprised come sunday :]

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply Jcrow. I was going through some older registry topics and I think I saw you respond to one of those as well...WOW a TV!!!

I''m not worried about receiving gifts from the registry in the least bit! I was just wondering what the experiences of others were.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you did a registry because otherwise you will get a lot of crap that doesn''t match what you already have or that you just don''t like and can''t return. Plus it makes it a million times easier on the gift giver to not have to guess what you''d like.

That said, we only got a few things that were not on the registry and they were from close friends. The Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom cookbook from DH''s sisters, some cute gurgle pots, a picture frame, little things.

The best was from my aunt, a needlepoint of a man and woman holding hands with our names and wedding date. It''s hanging up in our room.
1.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girlface,

There is a great thread about registries in the Newlywed area. People gave all kinds of examples of good and bad gifts in there, which might help you out.

Personally, we got a good deal of things from our registry, so that was nice. But, DH and I were pretty diligent to only put things we were going to use/really wanted. Also, its nice to put things on there with varying price ranges. That way, everyone can get something they are comfortable with, budget-wise. There are also lots of people who will just get you gift cards (usually to the place you registered or the generic crecit card ones). That being said, we used the plethora of gift cards to purchase the items we wanted and didn''t receive after the wedding. Gift cards are good...
9.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, fear of crap was the ultimate decison maker for us to open a registry.

Thanks dc gator, I''ll meander over to the newlywed forum.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want to register anywhere because my husband and I married in our thirties, we had lived each other for a couple of years, and we didn''t feel that we needed anything. My mom convinced us to register so that guests would A) be able to shop easily, and B) be able to get a sense of our style if they chose to get something off the registries.

We got a lot of things from our 2 registries but we didn''t get everything. That''s fine because we didn''t really want one in the first place.

I think one of my favorite non-registry gifts we received were prints made by an artist in my hometown. I had a lot of her work already, and it was nice to add to my collection.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to get artwork as gifts.

I always thought it would be cool to have a ''local artist'' themed shower, where people bring gifts that are made by people from their area. It would probably be really difficult and confusing for some people though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results