shape
carat
color
clarity

redoing wood floors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
My floors are being redone and they were stained last night. THe color didn''t quite come out the way it was supposed to. A second coat should have been put on to make it darker but the contractor put the varnish on already.

I feel like he should of checked with us to see if the color looked okay before putting the varnish on. Do they usually ask?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. Mine didn't ask..but then again I fired him LOL for doing a TERRIBLE job on the stairs and some other places....I took his money to get them redone..what a pita...

Did you tell them to put two coats of stain on? Were you really specific about color? They usually only put one coat on and each wood type absorbs it differently. Also, if you have oak and red oak, there is an absolutely limit to how dark it will get. Oak doesn't absorb stain deeply...
There isn't anything you can do about it now except sand and start over or try to get a discount if you expressed to him the color you were going for and made plans to check the stain prior to poly...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results