shape
carat
color
clarity

Redness Relief Drops and Contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Anyone know why you''re not supposed to use these while wearing contacts? I bought some thinking they were rewetting drops (they were in the checkout line at the grocery store) and put them in with my contacts in this morning before I realized they''re redness relief drops. The back says to remove contacts before using, but it doesn''t say why. My eyes feel okay...anyone know if I''ve just done something really bad?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've tried to find some information for you. I think you shouldn't use them with your contacts because they may cause damage to your lenses rather than your eyes. You are supposed to only use recommended drops with your contacts.

Safety Tips

• [FONT=ARIAL,]Read and observe package instruction and warnings.[/FONT]
  • Don't share eye drops with another person.
  • Remove your contact lenses before using an eye drop that isn't specifically intended for use with contact lenses.
  • If you have any unusual or uncomfortable symptoms while using eye drops, contact your eye care professional immediately.
  • If the drops you are using don't provide relief from the symptoms you are having, contact your eye care practitioner.

I will see if I can find anything else out but don't worry. I am sure that doing it just the once won't hurt. Maybe you could clean your lenses as soon as you get the chance.

Maisie

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Soo... I have personal experience why not to use drops that say not to use for contacts. I was at the beach and my eyes were killing me... dry and irritated. So I looked in my purse and grabbed a bottle of eyedrops and dropped a few drops into each eye. They made everything blurry and even with many blinks, I still couldn''t see. So I was going to take my contacts out but I couldn''t.... they had like adhered to my eye. I was freaking out because I was like grabbing at my eye and I couldn''t get ahold of the contact. After many tried I finally did but my eyes were ridiculously red and sore afterwards. The bottle that I used was a long release gel eyedrop which specifically says not to use with any type of contact but obviously I didn''t know that when I put it in my eye. I don''t wear contacts all the time and my eyes are always dry so I have an assortment of drops in my bag. So... I have no idea why you''re not supposed to but I did and things didn''t work out so well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhhh my! Thats awful. I would have been really scared!
6.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! I just checked and I can definitely still move my contacts around and my eyes aren''t blurry. I would''ve been freaking out!
32.gif

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Robbie3982

I found the following excerpt from this website http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?article=3049

''Drug-induced contact lens problems
In general, contact lenses should be removed before applying eye drops, ointments or gels into the eye, as the medications and preservatives they contain may be absorbed into the lens. The only exceptions are when using lens wetting agents or when directed by your eye care professional. You should always check with your optometrist or pharmacist to ensure that the drops are compatible with the lens.''

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I went out and bought the right kind of drops at lunch time. My eyes feel ok, so I guess I haven''t done anything too bad to them.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I wear two week disposables, and use red relief drops all of the time with my contacts in. I don''t have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results