shape
carat
color
clarity

Red dress, what color shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to decide between two dresses for a wedding one is red one is black. I have a hard time with red outfits for some reason. Black shoes? Gold? Silver? Black & red? What color makeup works with an all red ensemble?

If I go with the black dress what do you ladies think of wearing shoes that are say red & black or pink/black anything besides plain ol'' black?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If you like to add a bit of pizazz I would wear gold or silver shoes with matching accessories. If the occasion is a bit more formal/conservative wear black. I would wear neutral shadows and a pop of red on the lips with the red dress.

You can spice up a black dress with gold shoes and a gold wrap, or something of the sort.

What is the dress code for the wedding? That would help me decide.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the wedding is going to be held in a nightclub Club Rain at the Palms here in Las Vegas. The invitation didnt say anything about attire if it helps the wedding will be at 5pm.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, since it''s Vegas, I say go glam! Can you describe the red dress a little more?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I will post some pictures of me in them this evening.

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
I think your ideas are good, a red dress will go well with black, gold, OR silver shoes! I also like shoes that are a champagne/ivory color. I think with a black dress, again you can wear metallics or you could wear red for a pop of color.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m with KD, I''d go glam...gold and red since it''s at a night club in LV. But when I see the pictures I may change my mind. Ugh, I''m so wishy washy...this is why I don''t shop for myself!!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
With a red dress, when in doubt -- nude color, 2.5+ heels, pointed toe. A classy, sexy look.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wouldn''t necessarily pair nude with a red dress without seeing the dress and also the shoes...nude can mean many things. i''m thinking like bra nude and i don''t think that works for a red unless it''s like a shirtdress for work or very conservative.

for a sassy red dress i''d wear gold or silver, depending on your accessories. i think you can go either way.

depending on the dress, you could do really fun long gold earrings and then gold shoes with the red and keep it simple yet stunning!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
with red, I would do a gold shoe, and I would keep my eyes subtle and do a pretty red lip in the same TONE as the dress, maybe with a touch of shimmery gloss on top. I would do a gold bag and gold accessories...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had a good excuse to buy these

2249-306775-p.jpg

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies, here are the two dresses, not the best pictures in the world though
38.gif
Best I could get with an impatient husband & infant. What do you think?
PA050012-1.jpg

WHtlcQDCeK6kkdZlFnsF4wVUFTcbGKwG0300.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d have to say, i like the black dress on you better. which one do you like?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You look very cute in the black dress vegasangel!!! I vote little black dress!
36.gif

eta: I really like the straps from the black dress better on you. you could really jazz up that black dress though....no need to necessarily wear black shoes with it.......
2.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely the red. The bustline of the black one looks a little too casual and it somehow looks like the top and the bottom don''t match well, as if you were wearing a tank top with no bra. That probably doesn''t make any sense, but it just doesn''t look right to me.

The red compliments your colouring and the style and the fabric look lovely. I''d pair it with a pair of red shoes... how often do you get to wear red shoes?

And Starset, those little beauties are fabulous! Not something I myself would wear, but certainly ooo-worthy.
10.gif

Alisoun

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 10:49:41 PM
Author: Galateia
Definitely the red. The bustline of the black one looks a little too casual and it somehow looks like the top and the bottom don''t match well, as if you were wearing a tank top with no bra. That probably doesn''t make any sense, but it just doesn''t look right to me.

The red compliments your colouring and the style and the fabric look lovely. I''d pair it with a pair of red shoes... how often do you get to wear red shoes?

And Starset, those little beauties are fabulous! Not something I myself would wear, but certainly ooo-worthy.
10.gif

I agree 100%. I think the neckline (deep V) on the red dress suits you better than the scoop neck on the black dress. Furthermore, the black dress seems a little shapeless as compared to the red dress; the rouching (sp?) on the red one, coupled with the V-neck, gives you more of an hour-glass shape. The black is classic, of course, but I vote red! It seems to be cut well and fits you wonderfully!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Galateia I laughed when I read the tank look w/no bra. I wasnt wearing one.

I think it is because of the thin straps & the way the neckline is cut.

Both dresses are just ok to me. I was looking for dresses that conceal my tummy since I still look pregnant.
23.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the red one. I think that, with gold accenting, would be really pretty with your coloring. The black is nice but a bit more casual to me.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 10:56:54 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Both dresses are just ok to me. I was looking for dresses that conceal my tummy since I still look pregnant.
23.gif
you definitely don''t look pregnant!
i will admit that what i don''t like about the red dress is, it looks like you are wearing a nursing bra. i like the deep scoop neck of the black dress. i thought it really elongated your torso.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 11:06:18 PM
Author: belle

Date: 10/5/2006 10:56:54 PM
Author: VegasAngel

23.gif
you definitely don''t look pregnant!
i will admit that what i don''t like about the red dress is, it looks like you are wearing a nursing bra. i like the deep scoop neck of the black dress. i thought it really elongated your torso.
I agree with the seeing the bra through the red dress.....that probably swayed my vote along with the neckline -(what belle said!
2.gif
)

You look lovely!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I think the black one looks more flattering. The Vneck on the red one emphasizes your bosoms and makes you think matronly- and you must be a nursing mother. The black one just flatters your assets and you think wow I''d like to look like her esp. since my kid is 18mths now.
15.gif

Love your idea of wearing black plus another colour shoe - do you have something in mind?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How adorable are you!! Theoretically I like the idea of red at a Vegas wedding, but I don''t think the one you posted is quite as flattering as the black one. It looks gorgeous on you!!! I like the bodice and straps of the black one so much more.....and it just looks like it FITS better. And if you''re concerned about baby belly showing, the black would be better for concealing it (although I don''t really see one in these pics!). You might feel more confident if you wear Spanx or a Miraclesuit underneath.

If you were to wear the black, I''d wear some dramatic gold jewelry, and gold strappy heels.
9.gif
Perhaps some gold hoop earrings with a long, delicate gold chain doubled over once. For sure I would wear a necklace since it''s a fairly low-cut dress.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I''m not a fan of how you can see your bra through the red dress, sometimes certain materials just have that effect. I have this sweater where when it''s on it looks fine but in photos it has that weird ''bra showing'' sheen. It drives me nuts!

Also I love the red dress against your skin tone with your dark hair, but I don''t love THAT particular red dress on you. It doesn''t seem to flatter as much as the black. I think the black looks great on you, classic and can be dressed up or dressed down big time. Pull your hair up into a chignon, wear some sassy gold jewelry earrings and some strappy gold heels with the black and you are golden, literally!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume with the right undergarments the red would look nice, it is a trick to get all that stuff dealt with. I just thougt the black looked a bit plainer and though you could jazz it the red is even prettier with your coloring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cute are you!!! Another vote here for the black dress. And no you don''t look pregnant at all, you look like a fabu mommy!!!
1.gif
I''d have fun dressing it up with great earrings, shoes etc...

gail013

Shiny_Rock
The black is much more flattering on you, and that neckline is begging for some gorgeous jewelry! I would pair it with metallic accessories-a shawl with metallic threads, or shoes with some kind of metallic, hair up? and dangling earrings could also work. The black dress also looks more comfortable to wear-looks like it has some stretch? A pair of bronze shoes would be dynamite! It really depends on the look you want. The metallic would be very chic. I can also see this dress, with a embroidered shawl and chunky shoes for a more boho look, if you wanted to dress it down a bit, and add colored accessories. For a fun look, think Sex and the City. SJP would have light pink high heels with that in no time!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for the black dress as well. I think it is more flattering and I also noticed the bra issue in the red dress.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the black dress - extremely flattering!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the black dress too. The red one emphasizes your breasts too much. You can have more fun accessorizing the black dress since it''s like a blank canvas. You can add colors and bling any way you want.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
One more vote for the black dress! You can very easily glam it up for Vegas with fun accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results