shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycle Project = Mom''s Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I had a ring for years that I never wore, so decided to make a recycle project out of it.

My mother''s birthday is next Thursday, and she''s never had much jewelry. Last year before Christmas, we were talking and she told me that she thought that she would like to have a few nice pieces. I got her a ring for Christmas, but knew that I wanted her to have something else. I took the ring to the jeweler and had the head made into a pendant for me. Then, I decided to do something with the setting for mom. Here is a before pic of the ring.

square diamond ring 031.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Another

square diamond ring 018.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Then, I looked at some of the stones I have. I found that I had the perfect stone to put in the setting for mom......a garnet. The garnet was dad''s birthstone, and with the diamonds being mom''s, I felt that it would be perfect for her. I got the ring back yesterday, and here is the final results.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Try again

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Having trouble uploading. I''m still trying.

Moms Ring 003.JPG

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- that really turned out to be lovely. You can''t tell at all that it''s a recycling project and it''s a great gift for your mom!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! You really can''t tell the garnet was an ''aftermarket'' addition!!! She will love it! Very thoughtful of you.
1.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot

Moms Ring 010.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. I hope she loves it. I had it packaged up for her last night, then realized that I didn''t take any pics of it. So, I had to get a few shots before mailing it to her today. Hopefully she''ll have it Saturday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s sooo beautiful!! What a sweet and thoughtful gift to give your mom!!!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh. I hope she doesn''t think it''s too much bling. I wish the pics turned out better, they really don''t do the ring justice. But, do they ever?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oshinbreez,
that is gorgeous, what a sweeet daughter. You should show it off in show me the ring thread if you like. I think more people look there and plus it is such a beauty!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I think she is going to be thrilled. The design is lovely and the sentiment is even more so. You really put alot of thought into it. I was really excited...until I read:

"I AM MAILING IT TO HER" Ahhhh, I wish you could be there when she opens it. That is some gift. I realize it is not always convenient to get to where we want to be...but I really wish you could be there...Can you at least tell her to call you as she is opening the gift?

She is gonna squeal!!
6.gif
Good job!
36.gif
Be sure to post her response!

DKS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oshinbreez, what a wonderful and thoughtful daughter you are! Your Mom will surely love it as it is gorgeous and the sentiment behind it is so special. I really can''t get over how much better it looks on the hand than off. It really turned out to be a gorgeous ring.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the comments.

Mom got her ring Saturday. She loves it. I had to explain how it''s both her and dad''s birthstones and she appreciated that. I was worried that she might think it was too "blingy" for herself since she''s never had much jewelry, but she said she loves it and had it on one hand and another ring on her other hand. My sis was over at mom''s after she got it, but didn''t say anything to me about it. My sis tends to be jealous when I do something for mom.
7.gif
oh well. As long as mom enjoys it, that''s all that matters.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about your sis or let that put any damper on your wonderful gift. Your mom loved it and wears it and that''s what is important! It is a lovely ring, and gesture, and I''m sure she really appreciated it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results