shape
carat
color
clarity

Recruitment company question - 2 jobs with same firm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

Well, considering our diverse spread of expertise on PS, i thought you might be able to help DH. There are 2 great jobs he is suited for, slightly different, but in the same field, he has experience in both streams. They are advertised on a recruitment company website and pretty much look like the same company (no formal ID, but the write up would suggest same firm).

Now, if they were with two different companies he would definately apply for both. So, do you think it would be frowned upon by the recruitment firm if he applied for both at the same firm, would they not take his application so seriously or not consider it at all?? either would be a great job for him. so far he has only applied for one, as we werent sure of the protocol from the recruitment firms point of view iykwim.

So anyone in HR, recruitment, can solve this quandry, does he submitt for both with same firm, or only stick with one????

thanks heaps
35.gif

d2b

edited for clairity: the recruitment company has two jobs on offer at company X, he likes both jobs at company X and would happily do either and is suited for both.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he could apply for both as he may be suited for one better over the other. I have know companys to interview someone and then say "you should apply for the other one because you are better qualified for the other job." I don''t see why it would hurt, so sure, he should apply for both
1.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Apply for both a see what happens.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think he should apply for both. I went to an interview at a company. When I got there, the HR people said that they want to interview me for three positions at the company. The title of all three positions were the same, but they were with different groups/sections of the company. So I don''t think it''s frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results