shape
carat
color
clarity

Recreating double halo and need mm size help!

spen15

Rough_Rock
I am new to posting but use this site for pretty much all of my research and am excited to have pricescopers give me some feedback!

I am finally resetting my engagement ring (after 5 years of subtle hints to my husband!). I currently have a 1.26 carat cushion (6.21 x 5.98) with a 1.3 mm halo and a split shank band- I hate the way the pave was done way too much metal, undercarriage of the ring doesn't look complete and the prongs are too big. It doesn't look finished in a lot of ways and the details I love are missing. My fingers are stumpy (8.5) so while its not super small, it looks small on my hand so I need lots more finger coverage.

I am going for a double halo and I found a setting I love with the inner halo being small and the outer halo larger, the picture shows the scale pretty well but the video is where you can see the way the inner halo almost feels like part of the diamond with a single outer halo. I am working with a jeweler to recreate this ring, so hoping I can get the look I want. I should see my cads in the next few days but wanted to share an image of the halos I am trying to replicate and get some feedback on what you think the mm sizes might be.

There is a lot of great feedback on proportion of halo to the center stone so I would love to hear some thoughts. The jeweler was thinking the inner halo should be about .7 and outer of 1.7 but wanted to have the pave setter look at it before confirming.

Image below: This setting is done with a 1.21 center cushion, and has 1.20 of diamonds in the setting.

I will follow up with the CADs as soon as I receive them!

screen_shot_2016-05-13_at_9.png

spen15

Rough_Rock
This is a screen shot of the ring in the video which helps see the halos in real life a bit clearer... screen_shot_2016-05-13_at_10.png

spen15

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I will definitely keep that in mind when I see the cads- I don't remember seeing a gap in the actual ring but the image does appear to have more air then I would like. I like that halo but my stone size isn't big enough for such a delicate halo so I am hoping I can get the proportions right for the small halo and the bigger outer- any guess on mm size?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually, they will choose melee size based on the size of your stone so that it's proportional and can hug your stone, if that makes sense.

Have you seen this vendor's pave work in real life? Is the vendor a PS recommended vendor?

spen15

Rough_Rock
Yes good point, its not a recommended vendor but I found them through a friend whose engagement ring is from there and have had a few visits inspecting every piece of pave work they have done. They have a few rings set with 1/2 point melee which I know is challenging and the rings were really well done so I feel confident with their capabilities- just a little nervous the scale of the halos will be off as what I want is so specific. I just found out I will receive the CAD on Sunday so hoping what I see will be what I am after. My stone is just a bit bigger then my 'inspiration' picture so was hoping to get an idea of what size the halos were on that from other peoples perspective- this jewelry was estimating .7 inner and 1.7 outer but wanted her pave expert to take a look with my stone measurements and the image and video of the ring. Appreciate everyones feedback- I love this process just a little nerve wracking since my first ring was 'custom' but I don't like several aspects of it- and my husband never saw cads or molds during the process so want to make sure we hit every step this time around.

spen15

Rough_Rock
Here are two examples of double halo rings- they had some better ones in their store but these are from the site, I think the halos look good- they are delicate and while not the exact style I am after I felt confident in their ability.

1 carat
screen_shot_2016-05-13_at_1.png

3.62 carat
screen_shot_2016-05-13_at_1_0.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results