shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommended appraisers in Bay Area (CA)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Goldenrain

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve been using the pricescope appraiser search and there''s only 2 that showed up in the Bay Area, CA. I''ve heard some issues about one of them (not going to mention who told me the info), and the other, I''ve heard little about.

Does anyone have any recommended appraisers that I could go to once I get the rock?
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have used Nancy Stacey 2-3 times now and been very happy with her. I will use her again for this next stone I am getting. She is thorough, very intelligent, and knows her stuff. She''s been doing this for years and also teaches appraisal classes for GIA.

Anyhow...highly recommended! She is about what, $150 or so for an hour though prices may have gone up since we last used her. Also you have to book a few weeks in advance as she is typically pretty busy.

Goldenrain

Rough_Rock
Has anyone heard of anything about Carole Richbourg? (You can find her in the PS appraiser search tool)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for Nancy Stacy in Walnut Creek. She is an authority in the field and is respected and admired by many in the appraisal field. She is pricey though.

I''ve also used Barbra Voltaire in the city. Very experienced, very nice. She did an appraisal of a stone that Nancy had also appraised for me, and their results matched right up. :) Barbra''s rates are also more affordable.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
has anyone used any of these people for color stone appraisal?

movie zombie

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MZ -- I don''t know about Barbra but I when I was at Nancy''s, she was in the middle of appraising someone''s estate jewelry collection, which included all sorts of gemstones. So my guess would be YES on the colored stones. Hope that helps!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Nancy Stacy.

At first I was taken aback by her no chit-chat, get-to-business almost brusque demeanor on the phone, but when I met her, and stayed with her for nearly 2 1/2 hours she appraised three rings, it all made sense. She is reserved, but very warm and gracious when you draw her out of herself. I had to ask questions, or I would have sat there with little commentary during the appraisal. Which is fine...the appraiser is working hard!

But when it comes to what she knows....there may not be an equal. While I was there she received calls from china, from Israel (someone developing a new piece of appraisal equipment I think) etc etc. She has certificates plastering her walls. She knows her stuff and was worth the hassle of getting a babysitter (try adding $16 an hour for a babysitter to the steep appraisal prices!) and driving from SF to Walnut Creek.

I would definitely use her again. If I decided to go non-local, I would use Richard Sherwood. I love his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results