shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations on Princess

sfisher

Rough_Rock
I know that there are a lot of these types of posts here are PS, but I am really hoping to get some advice from those who are much more knowledgable then myself. I have spent that last couple of months reading as much information as possible on the various aspects of purchasing a diamond, and gone to various B&M stores to look at various cuts/colors... I am getting to the point where I am ready to purchase a stone, and while I know the general guidelines for what to look for, I am completely out of my league in regards to recognizing correct dimensions, reading ASET images...

as a general set of guidelines I am looking at a budget of between $11,500-12,500 for the stone itself. I am looking for a G-H color stone, and am hoping to either get a GIA ex/ex/ex, or an ideal cut AGS0. Also, I think I would be willing to go as low as a SI1 stone, assuming that it is confirmed eye clean. Based on searches done on sites such as WF, james allen...It seems realistic that I can find a stone that performs exceptionally well in the 1.6-1.8 C range.

My issue is again, that while I have been able to locate many stones that have met these requirements, I really dont know how to tell how well they will perform. any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, I was hoping for some feedback on this 1.86 princess cut from WF
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2657520.htm

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is that a crafted by infinity princess? if so I wonder what it is doing in the virtual inventory? maybe someone can shed some light on the inscription.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1315630172|3014239 said:
is that a crafted by infinity princess? if so I wonder what it is doing in the virtual inventory? maybe someone can shed some light on the inscription.

I just saw that too.. hmm? It's an AGS0 princess so it has paper potential so far. Get images and what not. Not sure if you share the same superstitions as me but im kinda freaked out that its 6.66x6.66 yikes lol. I did a search at GOG and nothing turned up with your desired specs.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably the previous owner decides to sell it to a local vendor instead of back to infinity?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It looks like an Infinity! The inscription is hard to read on the AGS report, but it certainly looks like it could be their logo:
http://www.winkjones.com/index.php?page=diamond-infinity-about (stylized "i" at the top left)

In which case...reserve it NOW, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Infinity princesses are gorgeous but usually priced quite a bit higher than that. This is a good deal. The closest I could find on Wink's site was a K in color:
http://www.winkjones.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=432

sfisher

Rough_Rock
I am trying to find where I can reserve it on WhiteFlash's website, does anyone know how to do this as it is Saturday and I am unable to reach them by phone

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm...not open on Saturday? I would leave a message by phone and also e-mail them.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1315677380|3014491 said:
hmm...not open on Saturday? I would leave a message by phone and also e-mail them.

Yup, do all of that if you're awake now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results